DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/)
-   -   Kenko 43mm wide and tele adaptors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dv-mx-gs-series-assistant/5303-kenko-43mm-wide-tele-adaptors.html)

Frank Granovski December 5th, 2002 05:26 AM

Kenko 43mm wide and tele adaptors

I found that link for the Kenko wide and tele adators in the 43mm size. (I knew I wrote it down somewhere.)

http://www.2filter.com/kenko/Kenkodigital.html

Note that Tiffen also makes a wide and tele in the 43mm size.

Allan Rejoso December 6th, 2002 09:20 AM

Any feedback on the following RAYNOX wideconverter lenses?

HD-6600PRO 43mm (0.66x)
HD-4500PRO + 43mm adapter ring (0.45x)

These lenses are also threaded at the front.

Thanks
Allan Rejoso

Frank Granovski December 6th, 2002 06:43 PM

I've heard about these, but never even seen them. I'll phone around to see if anyone has them in stock so that I can go have a look at them and try them on my MX3000.

Maybe you can have a look at them too, in your spare time and post some feadback.

El Pollo Loco December 11th, 2002 11:13 PM

Tiffen also makes 43mm 2x telephoto and a .75x wide angle lens. Although I haven't tried either

EDIT:

and if i bothered to read the rest of the first post i wouldnt have wasted your time with this ..... sorry....

Yow Cheong Hoe December 12th, 2002 12:29 AM

The way I handle the problem of the filter thread diamter is to buy a 43mm to 52mm adapter. After that, filters and lens of 52mm diamter can be easily used on my MX8 and MX350 (native 43mm).

Frank Granovski December 12th, 2002 01:03 AM

El Pollo Loco,

Leo's on Granville St (Downtown Vancouver), sell the Tiffen adaptors. They seem very nice. But they might have to order in the 43mm wide adaptor. Last I heard, the price was about $200 Canadian, plus 14.5% GST/PST.

El Pollo Loco December 12th, 2002 12:08 PM

Thanks, i saw the wide angle there the other week, but wasn't sure if it was any good as i didnt have my mx500 yet.

Steven Khong December 12th, 2002 09:34 PM

Hi, YowCH!

When fitting those 52mm filters, do you find that the outer rim of the filter is close to your MX350 lens hood? As in finger clearance?

Let's say you've got a 52mm polarizer, and you need to turn the rim to get the best effect / result. Does your fingers get stuck between the rim & the hood? Perhaps it's a non issue?

It's hard to find those 43 to 52mm step up adapters here in Malaysia. Salespeople look really puzzled when I ask for 43mm filters - what do you expect since they always sell 37mm Sony stuff.

Where do you get your adapters in Singapore? I may have to make a trip there & get some stuff there. Can you get the 43mm wide angles or teles there? What brand of wide angles do they have - Panasonic, Kenko, funny brands...?

Thanks in advance.

Yow Cheong Hoe December 12th, 2002 11:04 PM

Steven,

I can send you the 43-52 adapter or ask a friend to pass to you (I have friends travelling up-down PJ-Singapore weekly). It costs less than SGD$10.00.

As for the adapter, I am not using the MX350 hood at all. My adapter fits so well into the filter thread on the front without the hood that you'll think that it is part of the camera. Also, there's no problem controling the focusing ring and the polariser ring.

My set-up is this:
1. MX350 (without hood)
2. 43-52 adapter
3. UV filter (to serve as protection)
4. Other filters, which can be all or any of:
a: cross
b: CIR-PL
c: gradual gray, for over-exposed skies

I can also place my 52mm rubber hood anywhere in position 3 or 4 above, to prevent flares. The Konica rubber hood is SGD6.00 and causesa very slight vigentting at 1x zoom (widest angle), so I have to push the zomm a little when using this hood.

Please send me an e-mail at yowcheonghoe@tylin.com.sg if you need me to get you stuff.