need help with a lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 22nd, 2005, 05:40 PM   #1
New Boot

need help with a lens

Hello everyone,

I'm shooting a production with a XL2 camera that unfortunately has to be put into service for two days. Unfortunately I have to keep shooting and the only way to go is to shoot using my really basic consumer Panasonic NV-GS25. It is very basic but for thses specific scenes it will have to do.

What my question is that I need to get a wide angle lens for it. Panasonic has one supported lens but I ca'nt find it anywhere to buy. So is there a lens that can fit my camera? Or is there any other way i can stick on a lens? The lens on the camera is 30.5mm.

Any comments will be appreciated.
Alex Mizin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 06:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You can get step up rings from 30.5mm to almost what ever size you need.I have a Canon camcorder with 30.5mm threads and very sucessfully used lenses with 46mm & 58mm threads. So I have a 30.5mm to 46mm Step up ring & a 30.5mm to 58mm step up ring They are very inxpensieve at B & H.

Hope this might help.

Bob Trimmer
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:06 AM   #3
New Boot

It does help. Thanks a lot.

Anyone know where I can get them in Australia?

Cheers
Alex Mizin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM   #4
Regular Crew

They can be obtained at most Video or photography stores.

Bob Trimmer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant