Thank you! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 31st, 2002, 10:02 PM   #1
New Boot

Thank you!

Thank you to all guys here helping me for upgrading firmware of my MX300EN

Hong Kong dealer has received the relevant information from Japan for upgrading firmware since I told it the problem and solution. They can now offer free upgrade for me!
Editing SW: Adobe Premiere, Hollywood FX
Adams Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #2
Outer Circle

That was the version 1.5 or 1.6 firmware?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2003, 09:22 AM   #3
New Boot

the upgrade firmware is 1.6

OIS has great imporvement!!

:-)
Adams Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2003, 06:35 PM   #4
Outer Circle

"OIS has great improvement"

I keep hearing this, but Pana AU won't verify this! I guess they'd be swamped with MX owners wanting their upgrade.
Old January 6th, 2003, 02:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah, poor techies... overworked & under-appreciated. I'm a techie too... but in a different industry, bar coding & PCs.

Glad to hear Adam's happy with his firmware upgrade. When I upgraded mine in Oct 2002 (Thanks to Frank's tip off), and asked them if they upgraded my firmware to 1.5, they said "Yes, but now you have the very latest, 1.6". I was happy for a while but then a bit apprehensive about being the guinea pig for the new 1.6 firmware. Couldn't wait to get back to my PC. Who knows if the firmware fixes something but breaks something else...

1.6 does fix the DV-OUT glitches problem. Phew! Then when I stumbled on the OIS improvement by accident, BOY, was I happy! :) :) :)

Let me stress that it works for PAL, but what about NTSC MX3000s? Anybody out there in NTSC land tried asking for an upgrade, let us know.

I remember reading somewhere that the NTSC version doesn't suffer from DV-OUT glitches problems, so it may not be justified to create a new firmware version for NTSC. Just my speculation. Though that OIS improvement would be nice to have... unless you work from tripods or zoom less than 6x all the time.
Steven Khong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 06:26 AM   #6
Outer Circle

There have been no problems reported with the MX3000, regarding firmware, that I've heard about. (But then again, I don't read Japanese.)

Actually, with my first MX300, I had downloaded footage into a MAC a couple of times, and had not noticed this "glitch" problem at all. And it wasn't until AngryofMafair, a forum member, discovered this glitch and posted his findings on some other forums, that I found out about this. So, thanks AngryofMayfair!

PS: you got to love this pen name (AngryofMayfair). There's a long story behind it, and perhaps he'll share it here for all the MX forum members. It's a good one!
Old January 6th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #7
New Boot

I also have noticed this glitching problem since I bought my MX300 for about one month. But I paid more attention on the capture card, its driver and my RAID HD performance for different settings and fine tuning. So not easy beware of that the problem was originated from the MX300!!

So grateful to hearing the same problem here and provide the solution!

:-)
Adams Sin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant