How much can I get for my GS400? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 27th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #1
Major Player

How much can I get for my GS400?

Im not saying im going to sell my GS400 but if the time comes I want to know roughly how much it could be sold for. I got it in the beginning of Nov. so its only like 4 months old. No problems, not even 10 hours of footage. How much could I get for it?

-Kyle
Kyle Prohaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Just do some research on Ebay to see the final pricing of them. That would give you a general market value. Other places might as well, but Ebay is a big place and might give you the best idea with little effort.
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Wrangler

The price today won't be the price tomorrow..

If I were in the market for a used GS400 I'd probably spend anywhere from $600 to $800 depending on age/condition.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:57 PM   #4
Major Player

There may be a price spike in the next few months regarding used GS400's. A lot of people don't like the GS500 which was meant to replace it. Those looking for more manual control options may opt to buy used 400's over brand new 500's.
Tony Tibbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:27 AM   #5
Inner Circle

There might be a spike on the GS400s, who knows. It's my understanding as well, that a lot of folks are looking at the GS500s as something of a let down. When I've noticed, it looked like GS400s were going for close to a grand on eBay, but I really haven't paid attention. I just wouldn't consider buying one at close to that kind of price. Much rather get another GY-DV300U (full blown professional camera, 1/3" 3 chipper) for just a little more, if I ever do buy another SD camera (probably just HD cameras from here on out though).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Major Player

Just my take on the price for a 400. (NTSC models)

I bought brand new in October 2005 from Dbuys.com for $1048 delivered.

I sold that 400 a few weeks back during a one day auction on ebay for $1275. That was a buy it now price. Another 400 had sold the previous day for $1350. Remember those were used cams. Mine was in mint condition and I included some hoods, an extra battery, and 1 tape. (I had about $60 in the extras.)

Gs 400's seem to be hard to find and there are a lot of folks trying to get their hands on one.

What you can get... who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to hear if one in good shape brought in over $1200 or more.
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:23 AM   #7
Trustee

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations.

It is nice to hear this great news. ;-)

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Emery
Just my take on the price for a 400. (NTSC models)

I bought brand new in October 2005 from Dbuys.com for $1048 delivered.

I sold that 400 a few weeks back during a one day auction on ebay for $1275. That was a buy it now price. Another 400 had sold the previous day for $1350. Remember those were used cams. Mine was in mint condition and I included some hoods, an extra battery, and 1 tape. (I had about $60 in the extras.)

Gs 400's seem to be hard to find and there are a lot of folks trying to get their hands on one.

What you can get... who knows? I wouldn't be surprised to hear if one in good shape brought in over $1200 or more.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #8
Major Player

With the few being soldon Ebay and prices they are getting in the end I wondered if I should sell mine. I gave it some serious thought but recently landed on the DVX100B for my next camera. I could sell my GS400 right now but I would have to save for a while to get the DVX. Should I wait till I save just about enough then sell the GS400? I mean in another 6 months nobody will be selling one of these I dont think. Could the possible selling price of my camera go up in another 6 months if I take very good care of it? Even if its used?

-Kyle

I really want a DVX lol.
Kyle Prohaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #9
Trustee

Hi Kyle,

Why not HVX200? Just curious ;-)

Regards
Leigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Prohaska
With the few being soldon Ebay and prices they are getting in the end I wondered if I should sell mine. I gave it some serious thought but recently landed on the DVX100B for my next camera. I could sell my GS400 right now but I would have to save for a while to get the DVX. Should I wait till I save just about enough then sell the GS400? I mean in another 6 months nobody will be selling one of these I dont think. Could the possible selling price of my camera go up in another 6 months if I take very good care of it? Even if its used?

-Kyle

I really want a DVX lol.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #10
Major Player

Current GS-400 Price ?

Does anyone know what a used GS-400 is going for today - June 24, 2006 ?

I have one with less then 25 hours on it, is a great camera, and has always performed flawlessly.

Recently I purchased a Sony HC-1, so if the GS-400 is still worth something I would sell it.
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #11
Major Player

Read here to determine the number of hours on the heads. If you have low head usage (less than 100 hours), the body is relatively unscratched, you are including some accessories and you have a transferrable extended warranty, then you can likely get $1100 or more.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #12
Wrangler

Its definitely a seller's market for used GS400s and eBay will probably extract the most. I've seen recent auctions going anywhere from $1100 to almost $1600.

Its amazing how cam values can jump or drop depending on the quality of its replacement. The GS500 didn't work out so well but a well pricedd Pana equivalent to the HC1 could send those GS400 prices plummeting.
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #13
Major Player

Thanks Guy and Tommy

Guy, thanks, I checked the service menu on my GS400. The VTR and CAM were all 0's. I feel stupid, but I know that at one time I new the hexidecimal format, but it eludes me right know. Mine is "00007EA7". How do I interpert this? Thank you - pk
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #14
Major Player

You can use the MS calculator in Windows in scientific mode. I calculate 38.73 hours.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #15
Major Player

Thanks Guy! I sure appreciate the tremendous amount of help and info you have.
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant