External mikes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 9th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #1
New Boot

External mikes

Having shot a few pieces now with my MX300 I am considering buying a shotgun mike. While generally fine I would like the option of better audio. Any thoughts /experiences or recommendations?
Tom Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Pana has 2 models for the MX300. The more expensive "zoom" one is better. A Sennheiser ME66/K6 is what I'm hoping to get soon, along with a Beachtek adaptor. But in your neck of the woods, I'd look at the Glenbox XLR adaptor.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Frank

I found links to all bar the Glenbox... Why recommend that particularly for over here?
Tom Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #4
Outer Circle

The Glenbox is made next door to you (UK), so it's probably cheaper than the ones made here. Maybe I'm wrong. The other thing about the Glenbox is that that's what the BBC uses on their VX2000s. But there are always these (made in Toronto, CA):

http://www.beachtek.com

The Canadian Dollar is cheaper than the EURO, so maybe the Beachtek would be cheaper?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant