DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Dvx1000, VX2000 combo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/100721-dvx1000-vx2000-combo.html)

Connla Lyons August 6th, 2007 05:11 PM

Dvx1000, VX2000 combo

Hello

I'm fairly new into the industry working my way up professionally in Television in Ireland primarily as an editor.

But my work is mostly communtiy related works so while I get to play with better equipment I dont get too much freedom to be very creative.

Thats why I try and do alot of independent filmwork when I have the time and I have been saving pennies buying my own equipment.

So far I have put together since I finished university (just over a year ago) and since I started work (7 months ago) A G5 with final cut pro, a Audio technic rifle mic with boom pole and a sony vx2000 camcorder. Its all second hand and I have put it to work in numerous different situations.

Now a friend is selling:

Quote:

Panasonic AG-DVX100A (PAL)
Audio-Technica AT897 Short Shotgun Microphone
UV filter
DVX Labs Interior Filter DVD
DVX Book by Barry W. Green (Everything you need to know about the DVX)
Cinetactis Matte Blox
4 Panasonic AY-DVM63MQ professional DV cassettes
Mains AC Adapter/Recharger pack
Original Battery
SL-2400 low budget tripod
for a very cheap price (<2000 euros) and I cant resist the temptation.

But

To put the money forward for the camera I had to postpone one of my shoots (not a big deal, the script was still broken and I lacked a location)

I'm hoping this camera would prove useful for the shoot when I get around to it because the VX2000 has a horrible sound system. But I had originally planned to shoot with the vx2000 and a rented pd150 to do the sound/camerawork.

But if I purchase the DVX1000 I hope to put that to use instead of the pd150.

sooo this long about tale comes to the question of what I should be prepared for when I shoot with both of these cameras.

Originally there would have been no problem because the pd150 and vx2000 have the same image quality. But the DVX1000 is different I assume.

How much work would I need to do to ensure the images from both cameras match up.

I assume there is no point using the 24fps/25fps progressive scan mode because the vx2000 wont be able to emulate it.

But what other issues should I watch out for?

Noa Put August 8th, 2007 02:29 AM

I have a dvx and a vx2100 but never mixed them, if you shoot interlaced with the dvx in it's F1 scene file setting (interlaced) the colours are more vivid compared to the vx2100. The dvx however has so many possibilities to tweak the image that it should be possible to match the Sony's image.
This applies only to situations when there is enough light, when you have to shoot in lowlight conditions the footage cannot be matched.
Mixing progressive and interlaced footage is also not possble because the difference is too noticeable.
Also check the operation hours on the dvx to be sure your not buying an "overused" camera.