Panasonic Hardshell case for DVX100 / DVC80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Chris, Jarred,

Got the Panasonic hard case today (and some other goodies).

I sent several pictures to Chris' email.

I would definitely have to say I like it. Is it worth $325?? Probably not that much, but I don't have any buyer's remorse. It's definitely completely designed for the DVX-100 and DVC-80s.

It has 2 pockets inside the lid and the lid has a hard piece of foam that is designed to form around the camera handle when closed

A removable shelf that has exact cut-outs for the camera, 2 batteries and a few tapes. The foam is very hard.

The bottom of the case has divided sections which are can hold power cables, accessories, and other items.

There is a shoulder strap included.

The front locks use those cheapy little keys that can easily be picked, but the snaps are solid

The corners are reinforced well

Like I said, I like it. However, I have to say that I didn't think a case that costs a little more than 10% of the price of the camera was too much to protect it, but others might.

Finally, the instructions were sparse. In fact I will post the entire english part of the manual here:

"Thank you very much for purchasing this carry case. Ensure that the handle of the AG-DVX100 Digital Video Camera Recorder is facing up in the carrying case."

8-)

Carl
Carl Slawinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:29 PM   #2
DVX User

COOL!

will it work with a shotgun mic mounted on it or do you need to take it off everytime?
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2003, 11:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I don't know. I really didn't have any intention of mounting the shotgun on the camera.

However, just by looking at the length of the ME66, I wouldn't think so.
Old June 4th, 2003, 05:11 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Carl sent several photos. Currently I'm working a trade show and have time to upload only a couple of them. I'll put the rest online just as soon as I can.

http://www.dvinfo.net/panasonic/arti...i/100_0569.jpg

http://www.dvinfo.net/panasonic/arti...i/100_0578.jpg

http://www.dvinfo.net/panasonic/arti...i/100_0586.jpg

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 05:27 AM   #5
Major Player

ohh that screams steal me.

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 05:49 AM   #6
Major Player

You know you could have picked up a $50 aluminum gun case or tool case and bought thick-ass foam and then cut out the foam to slip your DVX100 inside, would have costed you around $60
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:05 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Yang,

I see me and you are just not going to agree on much. hahahaha

I would make the point that I could be living in an RV and not have a mortgage. I could be riding a bike instead of driving a car. I could use regular paper and make my own envelopes instead of buying them. You get the point... But thanks for looking out for my wallet. My wife would like you a lot!! hahaha

While there are times that I appreciate info on how to save money on something, it's not the end of the world. As I said above, the cost of this case is pretty expensive.

Also, it depends what you do for a living and how much your time is worth.

Finally, as I said before, paying 10% of the cost of an item for an enclosure to protect that item seems like a good deal to me.
Old June 4th, 2003, 10:20 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks for the pictures, Carl, I appreciate it. We never get to see some of the accessories for Panasonic the way Canon shows off theirs. I wonder why? Thanks for the opportunity, I was wondering how the case looked like.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #9
DVX User

very nice photos Carl!

I agree with you though, Its hard to understand for some people I guess... heck you coulda bought a 400 dollar Samsung VideoCamera instead of your DVC and had enough money left over to buy some tools for your cheap tool case!
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 05:22 AM   #10
Major Player

Jarred, who said go and get a $400 Samsung!?!? get the damn case from Home Depot and spend the rest of the money on batteries and chargers or tapestock. You can never have enough of those. It doesn't matter wha u you do for a living if you're saying $300 is a bit too expensive for a case then there's plenty of work arounds. Have fun with the case.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #11
Major Player

Have you guys seen the Portabrace case for the DVX100? Got one for $200 from Location Sound in LA and I love it. I can fit everything in there, including my DVX100 with ME66 on shock mount WITH the Rycote Softie on...now that's versatility, and great for doc shooting which is what I'm doing. Tons of pockets, very well built and there is a nice "caddie" which hold the camera very securely. I would recommend this case for anyone doing anything that was even remotely "run and gun". Though I wouldn't recommend checking it on a flight, it would make a perfect carry on.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant