DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   DVX100 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/10753-dvx100-various-topics.html)

Michael Petro April 9th, 2004 04:48 PM

Got it (dvx100a) evsonline is awesome

Just got the camera today. And wanted to say a few things:

1) evsonline rulez <--(still think putting z at end of word iz kewl :)

2) Camera has lots of buttons

3) Squeeeze mode looks awesome (r u allowed 2 say awesome twice in the same post../checking post rulez)

4)I now have something to do this weekend :)

5)Vegas(check) AE6(check)

6)I am now broke:) AND YESSS I am excited.

-->that is all
Michael Petro
http://www.petrovideo.com

Chris Hurd April 9th, 2004 10:13 PM

Thanks, Michael -- we were proud to bring EVS on board here at DV Info. They're a top-notch dealer. Congrats on your purchases,

Jeff Johnson April 13th, 2004 11:58 AM

What causes the diagonal 'jaggies' when panning?

Hi all-

Just curious what I'm doing wrong. My DVX looks great, but when I move the tripod head during a shot, I see kind of a stairstepping effect on diagonal lines in the background. I notice it more on tilting top to bottom type maneuvers than side to side.

Is this what they call an inetrlace artifact? I only notice it on my NTSC TV which is firewired to my DV deck-

Thanks for any thoughts-

Jeff

Voytek Stitko April 18th, 2004 07:12 PM

anamorphic lens adapter

Where can I get the best price for anamorphic lens adpter?

B&H sell it for 849$

thanks,
voytek

Ken Tanaka April 19th, 2004 08:50 AM

We encourage you to support the sponsors that support this site. You'll get the best prices and the most reliable service.

Guy Shaddock April 19th, 2004 10:06 PM

Best Wireless Mic for DVC 80

I am contemplating purchasing the Sony UWP C2 wireless mic for my DVC 80. B&H sells for $500 US. Does anyone have experience with this unit? It is a UHF and diversity set up.

Michael Sage April 22nd, 2004 01:34 PM

Polarize.. Wide or Std??

1. Does the DVX100 NEED a wide polarizer filter, or will the standard filter be OK?
2. Is the "encased" polarizer worth the extra $
** I'm condsidering B+H

David A. Johnson April 22nd, 2004 02:09 PM

I don't know first-hand, but asked the same question. I was informed that a standard polarizer does just fine with no vignetting...

Tung Bui April 22nd, 2004 10:52 PM

squeezing lowlight 100a

Just discovered that I can run the shutter on the 100a to 1/25th instead of 1/50th for the pal model and still be able to use gain up. The slower shutter gives me an extra 2 stops and going up to 6db( the most you can go up before grain becomes unacceptable) and extra 2 stops. The payoff is extra motion blur but it depends on what you are doing. If shooting weddings where people arent running around and you are mainly shooting talking heads then i think it is more than acceptable.
In interlace mode you can use the slow shutter to 1/25th as well but you cannot gain up. Therefore in progressive with the slower shutter you can actually get a brighter and less grainy image than you can in interlaced.
Just my two cents worth. The more i play with this thing the more I find out about it. In cineV you get a much "punchier" picture than in the other cine modes. People have noted that the image is muted in the old dvx compared to the pd170 but I think the 100a fixes this too.

Barry Green April 22nd, 2004 11:44 PM

For clarification, shooting at 1/25 instead of 1/50 gives you one additional stop, not two. And 6db of gain = 1 stop. So by going 1/25 + 6db, you're getting two stops more brightness, meaning you need 1/4 as much light to get the same exposure as you would if you'd shot at 1/50 with 0 gain.

Guy Shaddock April 27th, 2004 08:28 PM

Well I purchased the Sony system. Two thumbs up! Great range and sound quality is great. These units are small and work well with a portable camera system

Rich Lee April 29th, 2004 04:21 PM

100a pal frame rates

Just curious, the 100a ntsc has 24p/30p/60i.....does the 100a pal have only 25p/50i?

Frank Granovski April 29th, 2004 04:34 PM

By your title, I thought you meant the Sony PD100a. :-))

50 fields/25P

John O Brien May 4th, 2004 11:32 AM

Sound

I've just purchased a panasonic ag-dvx-100a and I was wondering what microphone (preferably phantom powered) would you guys recommend.

I've been referred to the Sennheiser series of shotgun mic's and with a budget of about €400, I'm not left with much options.

My shooting conditions will be 50/50 (indoor/outdoor).

Thanks in advance,
John.

George Vallejo May 4th, 2004 11:51 AM

Behringer B-5

John,

I have found the Behringer B-5 to be an ideal mike for my DVC-80.
It's a studio quality condenser mike that takes phantom power and is the right size and weight for the DVX100/DVC80 mike holder. It comes with a cardiod and an omni capsules and can be found on the web for under $100! I paid $75 plus shipping for mine on eBay. This mike is very high quality and is a great onboard mike. It is ideal for ambient sound pick up. If you need a shotgun then you will have to spend a lot more money and go for for the new Audio Technica or the Sennheiser.