DVX100 -- various topics - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 4th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #166
Major Player

Gonna get a DVX100A! =D

Hi, I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a DVX100A to replace my Canon GL1. I've studied all the 24p stuff I can stomach, and I've seen all the debates over resolution/color/noise and stuff. But, overall this camera just appeals to me because I'll be doing some short and feature length indies with it and I'll need great blowup results. The only thing I'm wondering about is should I get the anamorphic adapter? I honestly don't know why I would want an even wider angle on an already wide angle camera =P but I've heard some talk about it. So, is the anamorphic adapter really worth the extra $800 or so? Or is it just a special effect adapter like a fisheye lense? =P
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #167
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Personally, I'd recommend starting without the adapter and first trying the in-camera 16x9 stretch. It's pretty good and might avoid some of the inconveniences of using an adapter.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #168
Regular Crew

Porta Brace Case for Panasonic

I noticed that the B&H site shows a different bag for the Panasonic cams. Is this one bigger? I'm assuming these bags are the same basic shape and maybe the Panny bag is a little bigger? Anyone know? Or are these bags specifically made for these cameras?
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:42 PM   #169
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I've split this from another thread in another section of the forum.

The PortaBrace MiniDV case models are slightly different for each camera. Yes, there are some dimensional differences. But there are also differences in the various supplied accessories. (I have three for different camera.) See the PortaBrace page for specifics.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #170
Major Player

can I upconvert from SD to HD (1280x720 or higher)

Can I upconvert the SD signal to HD 1280x720, and if so, how can it be done?

Thanks
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #171
Major Player

Do a search on S-Spline.

Also go to www.algolith.com
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:39 AM   #172
Obstreperous Rex

Thank you for the link, Panasonic!

Hey, we've got a link from the U.S. Panasonic site!

Check it out: "DV Info Net Discussion Forum"

I'm not sure who's responsible for this plug, whether it's Jan or Steve or Stuart or somebody else, but a tip o' the hat and a big Thank You out to the folks at Panasonic for the link. It's much appreciated!

Check out all the other links on that page, too -- there are some great DVX100A resources listed!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:51 AM   #173
Tourist

Action Sports Settings?

Anyone have advice about some settings to capture high speed action, I'll probly slowmo (time remap) some footage in post w/ after effects. I assume the 60i settings are the way to go, but I want it to look filmy,

I have a DVX100A, and the Century Precision 1.6 telephoto lens. I usually shoot 24P because the 24PA (advanced) is harder to work with in final cut. I use compressor to build and DVD studio pro to burn. In this case I'll probly create my mpeg 2 files in compressor and send a DLT to a replicating house. Any advice to improve my quality short of getting a 4:2:2 or uncompressed system?

I will be shooting a surf video (mostly tripod) . I'm looking for highly saturated high key colors, and/or that 'cross processed/high frame rate' look where action looks so cool. When I shoot 24P in low light, motion=blurry. I want the opposite. So far testing looks like 30P is best for me. Any menu settings or other advice appreciated, keep your detail settings low is about all I'm sure of.
aloha
Thor
Thor Seraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:16 AM   #174
Major Player

Your frame rate whether 24p or 60i has nothing to do with how blurry your footage is. That is where shutter speed comes in. You can definatly shoot fast paced action while keeping the film look in 24p, all you have to do is increase your shutter speed. You probably are shooting at the default 1/48th second shutter speed. For most scenes this should be fine, but if you want the look that you ahve described you should set your shutter speed to at least 1/120th. Now, if you want to go into slow motion later, keep your shutter speed fast and shoot either 60i or 30p so that in post you have more frames to work with and slow it down.
As far as the saturation and high key colors are concerned, you shouldn't have any problem as long as you have good light. YOu can adjust your chroma settings to get the look that you are after. Hope this helps.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #175
New Boot

century ultra 3.x fisheye v.s century super fisheye vs Raynox on dvx100

Does anyone here own the century .3x ultra fisheye or the century super fisheye adapter for the dvx100? If you do, could you please post a screenshot, or a clip you have shot with them at the WIDEST setting. I just got a dvx100 and want to compare the look between those two lenses and the $100 raynox fisheye project i saw posted on this forum. thanks.
Erik Auli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #176
New Boot

http://www.skateperception.com/articles/articles.php?article=dvxfisheye
Aaron Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:01 AM   #177
DVX User

yeah we got one too.. I think it was Jan... she is looking out for us :)
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:57 PM   #178
Regular Crew

dvx100 tapes on a sony dv deck

hello there.

i need to know if my sony dvcam deck can play the 24p tapes in 24p? or if its only possible to capture the tapes in 24p to the computer if i use the camera as a deck?

ciAO
Daniel Moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:45 PM   #179
Regular Crew

You can use anything you want. It'll work just the same.

"I like Mankato just a little bit better than any other town in the world." -Sinclair Lewis
Ryan Gohlinghorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #180
New Boot

On board Mic

I'd like to know what you all think about the dvc80's
capability of it's onboard mic. I can't afford to buy a
shotgun mic at the moment and was wondering if i could
get away w/using the cameras mic for an upcomming
dance recital.

Thank you!
karen
Karen Grayson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant