DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   DVX100 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/10753-dvx100-various-topics.html)

Stefan Scherperel December 22nd, 2004 10:07 PM

Yes it is normal.
Hope that eases your stress.

Dean Harrington December 26th, 2004 10:12 PM

pro shops.....

sell the DVX 100a for 360,000 yen. That's about $3,500.00 US

Rolf Schwarz January 17th, 2005 02:30 PM

spot meter

hi everybody!

can anybody tell me somethig about the
spot meter,is it an opportunity to work with,
what do the percent numbers mean?

thanx for any help!

Michael Liebergot January 17th, 2005 09:15 PM

Shoulder Supported or Handheld Camera?

Ok here we go.

I need a quick poll to see if people prefer handheld or shoulder supported cameras for shooting video.

I am in the market for a new camera to retire my GL1 to be a second camera. I shoot event video.

I have only used smaller handheld MiniDV cameras ie. Cannon Gl1/2 and have never used a shoulder mount camera before.

Due to money constraints, I have narrowed my search down to either a Panasonic DVC30 or DVC60. These for me are the best bang for my buck. The DVC60 is essentially the same camera as DVC30 except for better microphone, longer lens barrel, and bult in XLR. The body on the DVC60 is carbon fiber so it only weighs 5.5 lbs.

Since I have never used a full size shoulder mount camera, would it be better if I stuck with handheld and utilize stableizer support like DVRige Pro for smoother handheld?

Or should I be ok with shoulder mount camera for extende useage?

Do you find it strenuous to shoot with a shouldermount?

Is it that easier to get steadier shots with shoulder supported camera.

Thanks for your feedback.

MLiebergot
LVProductions

Barry Green January 18th, 2005 12:24 AM

It tells you the relative brightness of whatever you have the central square pointing at. So you can quickly pan around your subject and see what each element is registering at (0% = black, 100% = pure white). It's just another tool to help you gauge exposure.

Milosz Krzyzaniak January 31st, 2005 04:22 PM

What length would be the lens with telephoto adapter?

Hello

What would be the focal lenght range of DVX when with telephoto adapter (comparing to 35 mm)?

Barry Green January 31st, 2005 08:48 PM

Compared to 35mm still-cameras? Or 35mm movie cameras?

Mostly when you see video cameras compared to 35mm cameras, they're meaning a 35mm still camera. So by that terminology, the DVX with the Century 1.6x tele-extender lens is equivalent to about 520mm on a still camera.

On a movie camera, it's equivalent to about 300mm.

Deniz Turkmen February 3rd, 2005 01:08 AM

I use the DVRig Pro, and as long as you set it up right, you should be able to go all day without any fatigue. With a little practice you can pull off some real nice steady shots.

Whether you go handheld or with a shoulder mounted camera, it's gonna get heavier as the day goes on.

The DVRig solves that problem since the weight of the camera is resting on the support rod. I use it with my DVX100a and highly recommend it.

Michael Frank March 8th, 2005 09:37 PM

New Australian Film Shot With DVX100

Australian feature film shot with Panasonic DVX100 PAL

www.rachoi.com

TRAILER NOW ON-LINE

Jose di Cani March 9th, 2005 08:44 AM

saw the trailer. Looks good, but I would change the audio mix. The sound of the breaking glass is way to hard. Also the slap in the face looks a bit amateur. YOu can see it is made with a semi-pro cam and you can see it in the mixing as well. I don't know how to change that, but I think you can do with better lighting set-ups and more power in characters (MORE acting)

Bogdan Apetri March 11th, 2005 11:55 AM

shot sync sound for 35mm short with DVX - now what?

OK, I shot the sync sound of my 35mm short on a DVX100PAL.

The movie was shot at 24fps. The video progressive 25p. I plan to save the sound from the DVX as WAVE files. Do I need to do something with the frequency? Anything else I should take care of to match the sync perfectly?

Thanks a lot!

Krishna Narayanamurti March 11th, 2005 01:36 PM

meeting broadcast standards

Does anyone have any experience with using the DVX100/a for content that may be aired on TV and how difficult it is to meet the broadcast safe requirements?

Thanks.
Krishna

Bogdan Apetri March 11th, 2005 04:06 PM

I think broadcast standards are not uniform, each station can has its own standards, depends on the engineers etc.

As far as color correction and video signal are concerned, watch for white clipping - I believe there is an automated thing in FCP where you can see/check/repair this. Other software as well. Broadcast standars say you cannot have more than 100 IRE - however, (only) occasionally you can get away with a reflection, a spark etc in the image. Also watch for the black level.

Other than that, maybe someone else can say more about that? Again, there are no uniform standards, right?

Barry Green March 12th, 2005 12:29 AM

You shouldn't have to do anything. The audio was recorded at 48,000 samples per second, not 25 frames per second. You should be able to import the DV footage into a PAL project, and export the audio as a .wav file, and then import the audio .wav files into your film 24p project directly.

Jim Sofranko March 24th, 2005 09:08 PM

Clip on matte box

I have a Vocas clip-on matte box that I have used extensively with my XL1. It is a two stage with one rotatable stage and has performed well on the Canon.

I may be interested in purchasing a DVX100A in the near future. Is the lens with the Panasonic sturdy enough to hold this type of matte box?

Thanks.