DVX100 -- various topics - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 25th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #241
Major Player

Bogen 701RC2 fluid head: opinions wanted

The Bogen web site claims the 701RC2 fluid head is "ideal" for cameras like a fully loaded AG-DVX100, PD-150, and GL2. Can anyone attest to this? I'm in the market for an affordable (sub-$400) tripod with good fluid motion for pans and tilts. From what I've read, the only disadvantage the 701RC2 has compared to the 501 model is that it lacks variable drag for the pan and tilt, and it loses 10-15 degrees up upward tilt. I can live with those limitations. I like the idea of a smaller head to keep both price and weight down. I'm considering mating the 701RC2 with 3181 tripod for a total weight of 9.85 lbs.

Has anyone used this head?
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #242
New Boot

Yes, I've got two of these heads for two GL2s. Obviously they are not going to hold a candle to a much more expensive head (there's not a lot of variability in the screw that controls the speed of pan), but for a (lightly) accessorized GL2, the 701RC2 has worked out just fine for me.

The benefits for me have been the incredible increase in smooth operation over my previous ($25) tripods, and the fact that they are relatively lightweight.
Loren Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #243
Trustee

The lense on the DVX is part of the body of the camera itself. It's definitely sturdy.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #244
New Boot

DVX 100 info

hey guys, just got my new dvx 100. the user manual isnt the best.

does anyone know of any sites or books which explain all the functions of the camera??
David Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #245
Major Player

Yes

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/dvxbook/
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #246
Regular Crew

Question about Video in and Audio in

Hi All !!!,

I have a question, I Have a DVC-80 (Love my Camera) and I want to recored a demo from a Laptop (through the video out) but I also want to catch the room audio. I know I can get the video from the laptop (I have done it in the past) but I don’t know how to get the audio as well. Any help would be wonderful

Thanks in advance
Michael
Michael Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #247
Major Player

Basic DV out question about the DVX100A

Hi there

This is going to be a ridiculously simple question for most of you. I will be shooting on the DVX100A on Saturday. I want to shoot it in the 24p mode and then right after, do a firewire out to a DV deck (well, actually my Sony camera, but it'll serve as a deck).

If I shoot in 24p, how do I give it that film look when I DV it out. Specifically: how do I set it to 24p and are there any settings to make it come out at 60i, but with the film look.

Sorry for the question, I don't have the camera in my hands and I figure most of you would know this.

ROn
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:40 PM   #248
Barry Wan Kenobi

It's all done for you, you don't have to do anything special. Shoot in 24P, then either firewire it after or, if you can and you want to save time, you could dub it to the Sony at the same time as you're shooting. In either case the firewire stream will be 24P footage telecine'd to live within a 60i NTSC DV data stream.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #249
RED Code Chef

I assume you want to show a presentation of some sort and narrate it at
the same time? If so I would do it differently:

1. record your talking to another system (like tape or minidisc etc.)

2. then either do an audio dub over the footage (if your cam supports that)

-OR-

2. sample the audio with your audio card and digitize the video from the camera. Put both in your NLE (editor) and put the sound under the video. Then export to your final output format (tape, dvd etc.)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #250
Regular Crew

serial number

Where can i find the serial number of the dvx100 if not looking at the viewfinder, which unfortunately i have losen it.

Can i see it in the menu or other part of the camera?
thanks!

Last edited by Miguel Lopez; May 11th, 2005 at 04:44 PM.
Miguel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #251
Inner Circle

no the serial number is UNDER the EVF.. without it Pana wont give u any support.. as they will assume its a grey import..

all cameras should have a serial whether theyre grey or not...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 06:37 AM   #252
Major Player

another review of the panasonic dvx100: may 2005

http://news.crystalinsight.com/index.asp?pageid=42

take a look at it. again.......what a nice cam for indies.!

This message should be deleted. A link to this website has allready been poste, Sorry for the mistake,

Last edited by Jose di Cani; May 31st, 2005 at 05:43 PM.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:47 AM   #253
Trustee

This same link was just posted a couple of days ago in this same section of the forum.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #254
New Boot

Panasonic camcorder voice redord help!

hi,
i have a Panasonic PV-GS70 camcorder, and today i recorded voice with it onto the CD card. i would now like to get that recorded voice off the SD card onto my computer, but do not now how, so how do i get the voice from the card in the camera on to my computer?
i tried sticking the SD card in our card reader but couldn't find any audio files on it...
thanks!

oops! sorry, i didnt see the forum for this line of cameras, feel free to move it to the right place!

Last edited by Matt Babinec; June 11th, 2005 at 12:08 AM.
Matt Babinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #255
Derek Underwood

Head Care

First of all, I stumbled onto this site yesterday, and it looks to be one of the greatest sites I have yet to come across for DVX 100 users. I saw that previous posts have addressed the issue of buying a separate camcorder as a more economical route instead of buying a Mini DV player, my question is this because it was somewhat unclear in the posts....if I buy a separate 300 dollar range mini DV camera, when I upload how much quality and resolution am I going to lose? Is it minor? Or will I not lose any of the quality? I was looking into getting the JVC DV VCR player the cheap one (forgot the model ), but it is selling for $698 right now, but all the reviews I have read on it say it sucks at least for sony users ( I use panasonic tapes anyways). I'm shooting a short movie, but I really don't want to lose the 24 P quality by uploading the footage on a low quality camera. And at the same time, I can't afford to wear the head of my camera. What do you guys recommend?

What is the longest lasting battery you've come across for the DVX 100? Thanks to whomever replies....
Derek

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant