DVX100 -- various topics - Page 19 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 4th, 2005, 10:04 PM   #271
Inner Circle

okies, ill try to clarify afew things..

the paglight cam connector is for the larger ENG cams (shoulder mounted, or AntonBauer bettery hybrids) which have a power output connector.. the shape can vary among manufacturers
anyways. for the DVX, this is NOT a possibility, unless u get an ABauer mount with the power sharing coupler.

okies, moving on..
the XLR power which is refered to here, is a 4 PIN power connector. Some lights run off proprietary plugs (like the PaglightC6) or you can get a cigarette lighter type plug. 4 PIN is a lil more stable and offers an earthing connection so its considered "professional"
Youcan also get adapters to run XLR lights from Cig lighter batery packs.. these batteries are usually 12v shoulder wearable kits which are bloody heavy..

The XLR on teh DVX is only 3 pin, and is for audio and very minimal power supply for the mic only (I dont see how a phantom powered mic adapter can run a 100lamp...)
although theoretically, it can run LED lights,, but i wouldnt bother trying..

hope that helps..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 02:35 PM   #272
Regular Crew

Buying DVX102 (DVX100AE) PAL

Does anybody know where can I buy online the newest DVX102 (non scammer site please, preferably on the US)

thx!
L
Luis Reggiardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2005, 11:13 PM   #273
Obstreperous Rex

The only dealers we recommend (or will allow any mention of, for that matter) are our site sponsors. See the link in my signature. Several of them can get PAL equipment for you.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM   #274
Tourist

What's the difference between models

AG-DVX100A

AG-DVX100AP

AG-DVX100AE And so on?

The reason I ask, is because I din't get my rebate back yet, and I'm afraid it's because of the model # I put down.
Old October 14th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #275
Major Player

P = American market, E = Europe

The letter "A" at the end is part of the actual model name for the current AG-DVX100. A DVX100 without the "A" is the first-generation 24p camcorder that lacks some nice improvements (such as stiffer focus ring, more menu settings, etc.).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that models ending in P are for U.S. domestic (NTSC) markets and E are European (PAL) markets. I purchased my DVC80 from B&H in NYC, and its packaging and user manual all included a "P" at the end.

Good luck with your rebate. I hope that's not the cause for the delay. If you bought P model where they only sell E models, you might have a problem, but I don't know for sure. Jan from Panasonic sometimes visits this forum and may be able to clarify.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #276
New Boot

The Definitive Post About Dvx100 Focus/backfocus Issues

THE DEFINITIVE POST ABOUT DVX100 FOCUS/BACKFOCUS ISSUES

Hi all,
I did a search in the archives looking for posts about these issues and found lot of them, but I still can not make myself a clear oppinion in some issues.
I will try to make some very clear questions and I hope to get some very clear answers.
Maybe my English is not good enough to understand the other posts, but I am sure that in this way some doubts could be resolved and for me (and surely much more people) would be a biiiiig help.
So:

1. HOW TO FOCUS
YOU HAVE TO ZOOM FULL (Z99) AND OPEN THE IRIS AS MUCH AS IT GETS (DO NOT FORGET ND FILTERS!)
AND THEN FOCUS THE SUBJECT YOU WANT. THEN YOU CAN ZOOM OUT AND PUT THE IRIS WHERE YOU WANT.
THIS SUBJECT WILL BE ALWAYS FOCUSED, JUST THE SAME WAY LIKE THE BIG CAMERAS, is that OK?

2. BACKFOCUS
ONCE YOU FOCUSED WITH THE DVX100, THE FOCUS SHOULD BE PERFECT (OR THE SAME) ALL ALONG THE ZOOM.
IF I DO HAVE DIFFERENT "FOCUS" ALONG THE WAY MY CAMERA HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE BACKFOCUS ADJUSTMENT
AND SHOULD BE SEND TO SERVICE, or?

3. BACKFOCUS
BACKFOCUS CANNOT BE ADJUSTED, or?

4. FOCUS / RESOLUTION
WITH WIDE SHOTS IT IS NORMAL TO HAVE SOME VERY VERY LITTLE SOFT FOCUS, THAT IS BECAUSE OF THE LENS CONSTRUCTION, or?

5. FOCUS / RESOLUTION
IS THERE ANY WAY OR ANY TEST TO MAKE, TO KNOW IF THIS "SOFT FOCUS" IN MY CAMERA (BY WIDE ANGLE)
IS NORMAL OR IT IS TOO MUCH AND THE CAMERA SHOULD BE SERVICED?

6. FOCUS CHART
THE MOST COMPLETE FOCUS CHART IS THE ONE IN THE DVX BOOK. I DO HAVE IT,
BUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT STILL DO NOT HAVE IT, WHICH IS THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE BEST ONE?

Please feel free to write more of these questions.
And (clear) answers are welcome!!! Maybe think of the (lots of) people whose first language is not English.
Thank you all
Steph Grueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #277
Major Player

I think that an iris change does affect the focus and the depth of field.

To test focus and controls set the camera up to a large monitor and experiment.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #278
Major Player

DVX100B officially announced

Yesterday afternoon Panasonic announced the release of the new DVX100B.

Link: http://www.digitalproducer.com/artic...e.jsp?id=35308
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #279
Tourist

Saw this but they didn't have a price for it yet. I guess they have it right now at 4k but I bet its subject to change.
David Silverstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:56 AM   #280
New Boot

Hours meter in the DVX100?

Can someone tell me how to check the hours meter?
thanks, RB
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:15 PM   #281
Barry Wan Kenobi

It's the last menu item in the last menu.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #282
Regular Crew

DVX100 model history?

Hi all,

I'm just about to purchase a DVX100, but have some questions about the different models released.

I know that the DVX100b was just released, and that there's the DVX100a, and I believe the original being the DVX100. Is this correct?

Is there a big difference between a DVX100 and a DVX100a? Is there a place where I can compare the specs of the DVX100 to the DVX100a?

Thanks for your help!
Ryan Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #283
Regular Crew

DVXUSER.com has a lot of good information. Also, in the thread just below yours (Help with 24P Please), there's a link to Adam Wilt's site. Go to that site and scroll down the first page a little. There's a list of differences between the 100 and 100A.
Old November 9th, 2005, 04:55 PM   #284
New Boot

headphones

are there any headphones that remove the echo from the dvx100a
Philip Jecty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #285
Major Player

Any isolating headphones should handle the echo. Vegas is my favorite editing software, no contest. I have no idea about the Audio Technica mic but I have recorded a lot of awesome sound with the ME66.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant