DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   DVX100 -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/10753-dvx100-various-topics.html)

Brad Webb March 8th, 2006 09:45 PM

DVX-100 timer

I've been thinking about buying a used DVX-100.

A couple of the used ones I've seen on ebay and elsewhere list the number of hours on the timer. Does this timer show the number of hours the camera has spent recording or is the number of hours of actual use (capturing, rewinding, time spent scrolling through menus, etc.)?

Peter Jefferson March 8th, 2006 10:46 PM

this is something i didnt like about the DVX, as opposed to the sonys which give u drum hours vs operating hours, the DVX only gives you "transport" hours...

being that anything you do with the transport is logged, be it FWD, RWD, Play and record.

The actual operation hours are not logged, however i would prefere a Drum hour meter reading AND a Transport hour. Operating hours arent as important as these 2

Edwin Hernandez March 13th, 2006 03:13 PM

Buying The Dvx Book And Dvd

BARRY:
I live in Panama and my country is not part of PAYPAL. Where can I buy it using my VISA online?

-EDWIN HERNANDEZ

Jay Lee March 13th, 2006 07:34 PM

Matching DVX100 to JVC DV500

Hi there,
I'm thinking of doing a shoot with a DVX100 and was wondering if anyone here has done so with success. I'm looking for settings for either camera to help match picture quality. If there are filters available for the JVC, that would be nice to know too. I'm taking it for granted that all the film gamma stuff will need to be turned off.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Jefferson March 13th, 2006 08:06 PM

best thing to do ith both these units is to run them side by side on a colour chart.

then tweak the DVX as best u can. The 500 is a brilliant camera no doubt, but its lack of tweakability can get annoying. The biggest issue is white balancing both cameras to get a correct "white"
Ive done a couple of stage shows with this unit (it was a team up of my company and a competitor)

the DVX is naturaly cooler, not as sharp (unless ur shooting Progressive thin) The dynamic range of both of these units is surprisingly close considering the varying CCD size. The only real noticable difference is that 500 is MUCH cleaner in lower light situations but thats a given considering the CCD block.

I guess it realy depends on what ur shooting, but i would recommend a colour chart for claibration then a grey/white card for white balancing.

Barry Green March 14th, 2006 02:20 AM

Try amazon.com. Many international buyers have found it easier to go through Amazon.

Thanks!

Ricky Krishart March 30th, 2006 08:00 PM

Best Rain Cover for DVX-100B

I got my Dvx-100B 2 weeks ago an I use it outside 95% of the time and I need something to protect it from the dust and rain. Whats the best rain cover for the 100B.. I want somthing that fits tightly and lets me use my shotgun microphone and lets me see the LCD fine.
Thanks

Matt Stahley March 30th, 2006 10:05 PM

portabrace, kata, petrol all make covers similar to each others.

this is probably the least exspensive @ $50

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Jeremy Hughes March 31st, 2006 01:16 PM

Andromeda HD Upgrade Kit Thoughts

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this upgrade? Their examples look pretty sweet and Post had a good writeup on them a month or so ago. I'm definately thinking about it...

http://www.reel-stream.com/

Jeremy Hughes March 31st, 2006 01:47 PM

Download the spider footage - if anyone is interested and take a look at the web showing up in it. Amazing how clear it is. There's also a clip on there with a micro35

Monte Comeau April 2nd, 2006 08:24 PM

Matching camera footage

I have a Panasonic DVC60 and use a Sony HC90 as a second camera.
I have been offered a trade straight across for the Sony with a Panasonic GS250. The Sony cost a bit more but my reason for posting is this:

Would it be easier to match the footage from the two Panasonics rather than the Sony and Panasonic? Or is there really no difference. I don't want to spend a bunch of time color matching if I don't need to.

I am thinking the two Panasonic's would work better together but am not certain on this and was hoping someone might shed some light on the subject.

Viktor Svensson April 8th, 2006 07:46 AM

Used DVX100a

Hi, I'm new here. I'm thinking about buying a used DVX100a but what do you think about the condition? The hour meter is at 85H.

Dino Santoro April 8th, 2006 08:28 AM

The DVX100A is a great camera. The heads don't need to be serviced until about 1000 hours, so 85 is very low. I would make sure that firewire port is functioning as these can burn out sometimes. Of course I would make sure all the other features work as well.

Brendan Bhagan April 15th, 2006 11:14 PM

Nope, the dvc60's footage will look different than either the hc90 or gs250. your best bet is to adjust the dvc60 to look like the hc90 ( or gs250 ) in the scene file settings, you can preview it in advance and should get rather close. The DVC60 by default will look sharper and less saturated but more natural and colour accurate than the hc90, also it will be less sharp ( the gs250 is oversharpened ) but once again more natural and less saturated than the gs250. Adjust accordingly.

Ian Slessor May 4th, 2006 02:39 PM

Which Varizoom controller for my new DVX100bs?

Hey gang,

I'm hoping you all can help me out.

I'm ordering two DVX 100b Pannys this weekend and I can't decide between the Varizoom VZ-Rock-PZFI with the rocker controller or the Varizoom Stealth with the throttle type controller.

I'm hoping somebody on this board has had experience with both and can assist me in deciding which gives better, smoother zooming.

Anyone?

Thanks.

sincerely,

ian