DVX100 -- various topics - Page 24 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 18th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #346
New Boot

Panasonic AG-DVX100 and 1002B

Can anyone who has used both the DVX100 & 1002B models please advise on their experiences with it. I am a long time Canon XL 1 S user but sold it a little while ago. I am seriously looking at the these models and would like peoples experience using these models. I have a smaller NVGS 250 and i am rather impressed by that little camera and what it can do. Any advice would be most appreciated. I mainly film motorcycle events such as MX and Enduro etc where mobility is a key thing i look for in a camera compared to the XL1 S which was quite heavy for this type of filming all day off the shoulder.
Nic Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #347
Regular Crew

I've had the dvx100, dvx100a and presently have 2 dvx100b's. The biggest difference is between the dvx100 and dvx100a. You can read Barry Green's book to go through all the advances or search this forum or dvxuser.com. The dvx100b has advances from the dvx100a but they are mostly structural (e.g. reinforced tripod mounting plate, a more sturdy tape holding unit, etc.). The most useful improvement on the dvx100b for me is the ability to transfer data from one camera to the other. It has a feature for syncing time codes, but this could be done with the dvx100a (or 100) as well. This is great for multicam shooting. If money is tight I'd go for the 100a, if not I'd go for the 100b. All that being said the dvx100 is still a damn good camera.
Dino Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #348
Regular Crew

DVX100 to a DVX100A ??

I have been told that it would be possible to use a firmware or flash type program to upgrade my 100 up to a 100A is there such a hack...our studio has two DVX100's that we are very happy with but if we can we would like to make a 100A out of one, we are selling the other one because we just bought a JVC HD100 that so far is a great camera. Ware asking 1600.00 for the one we are selling.
Martin Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 03:41 PM   #349
Major Player

Which filter....

Hi all,
I have the sony dvx100b with a cavision matte box using 4x4 filters. I do most of my shooting indoors and am looking for a filter or 2. There 's so much info out there and so many different kinds of filters. I'm looking for one that can be used as more of a general purpose filter. Do I go with a warm diffusion type filter or an ND filter. If ND, what should I be looking for. I've seen all of the options like these .3 .6 .9 and so on.

To sum it all up, if you could buy one great 4x4 filter, what would you get.

Thanks!
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #350
New Boot

Any info on a Panasonic NV-DX1E

I've been looking at buying a GS500 or XM1. But i've come across a Panasonic NV-DX1E less than a £100 ($196) i don't know anything about this camera apart from the fact it's old, can anyone give me any info on it.

What is the picture quality like compared to the GS500 and XM1, and also it's size, the GS500 is a great cam in a small body.

Any help much appreciated.

The reason i've posted here is i think it was one of there pro model cameras, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Cheers

- Mike
Mike Aldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #351
Inner Circle

no.. there is no hack, there is no firmware upgrade
both units are VASTLY differnt in build structure and chipset.
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #352
New Boot

Which filter....

Hello

I would get a polarizer, possibly a clear glass filter for dusty locations and a warming filter as well.

Graduated grey/ND are very helpfull as well.

Regards

Leo
Leo Salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:33 AM   #353
Tourist

Opinions about my DX1E

I own a DX1E since now three years and I paid it 450$ (probably a lot).
The main issue are:
1) No firewire connection you have to use another camcorder to pass your footage to a PC.
2) No audio level monitor, this can be ok if you don't plan to use it.
3) No optical sabilizer.
4) No movable screen (and it is not a shoulder camcroder).

However I am satisfied with its image quality.
If properly used I think it can be compared with the one obtained by much more expensive camcorder. (I own no expensive one so I guess).
Put it on a tripod with an external mic (the one it has takes a lot of noise from the tape mechanism but some times you find on ebay the dedicated vw vms1e that does an excellent job) and the 3ccd even if quite old do their job quite well.
It has a manual focusing ring, it can take very good scenes if you use it in frame with 1/50.

Even if it seems it drop frames in the internal visor it doesn't when you look at them after.

A last issue with my camcorder is that it frequently present drosp in the recorded scenes.
I guess this is because it is a 10 years old camcorders and I should replace the heads.
But this is quite expensive, so I keep going for the moment.

In summary, if properly used and you have a camcorder to connect to your Pc I think it can be a real bargain.

Hope this helps.
Luca
Luca Tagliacozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #354
New Boot

Looking for DVX100B - Canada

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a used DVX100B? Anybody out there with one to sell?

I live in Toronto, Canada and would like to buy locally, but would consider purchasing from the US.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Happy New Year!

Peter
info@fortherecordproductions.com
Peter Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #355
Regular Crew

Should I purchase a second 100A or save up a bit more for the 100B?

I did a bit of research and I'm trying to figure out what would be the better investment. I know the B does the timecode synch but I dont have another B to synch with. Any suggestions? Is the A going the way of the original now (DVX100)?
James A. Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM   #356
Barry Wan Kenobi

The "A" has been discontinued for a long, long time.

The "B" doesn't need to sync with another "B", it can sync with any DV camera.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #357
New Boot

25p editing

Hi there,
I'll have some more questions about dvx-100:

1- I have a pal dvx100 and I'll shoot 25p, but how will I edit it? In a dv-pal project? I use premiere pro 2.0 and it has got 24p, not 25p.....

2- What is the cinemode? Is it progressive scan? Which is better for a film-like look, 25p or cinemode?

3-Is 1/25 shutter speed suitable for 25p recording? (apart from the lighting conditions)

Thank you...
Baris Hanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:21 AM   #358
Inner Circle

1- I have a pal dvx100 and I'll shoot 25p, but how will I edit it? In a dv-pal project? I use premiere pro 2.0 and it has got 24p, not 25p.....

((I thought prem pro 2 allowed u to allocate your global position during install? In turn allowing for 25p... one thing however si that PPRo has never been good with progressive footage.. either way it doesnt matter.. as your footage is native progressive it shoudl still be taken in without a problem as the footage is in a 50i stream. I havent messed with prempro2 with progressive as most ppl who use it shoot interlaced.... check the manual))

2- What is the cinemode?
((Cinemode?? are u refering to CineGamma? ))

Is it progressive scan?
((No progressive scan is progresive scan))

Which is better for a film-like look, 25p or cinemode?
((Both combined... Cinemode is the gamma configuration, the 25p is the frame capture mode. Combine the two and u can get som epretty incredible looks.. ))

3-Is 1/25 shutter speed suitable for 25p recording? (apart from the lighting conditions)

((For speeches and slow moviing footage yes, its ok. I use it with dencing as well.. it saves me from having to use gain. Another trick is to adjust your gamma config to high and it will boost the luminance))
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #359
Tourist

Scene 5 Settings

Hello.. New to the group. Quick question. On my Panasonic AG-DVX100p camera I lost my Scene 5 settings. What are the correct/ best settings to get the best quality out of the camera in this mode. I want the film look of course. I'm using 24p, audio is at 48k and shutter speed is at 1/48. Sound right?

Frank
Frank Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:37 AM   #360
Inner Circle

go into the scene file and scroll down til u get to the save page.. now select init, and this wil initialise the original setings
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant