DVX100 -- various topics - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 12th, 2003, 12:05 PM   #76
RED Code Chef

Looking nice!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2003, 12:02 PM   #77
Tourist

Crystal Vision

Anyone have any experience or reviews on the Crystal Vision wide angle lens? Barrel distortion? good quality?
Neill Dela Llana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #78
RED Code Chef

Someone doesn't seem to be too happy about one here

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:57 PM   #79
Major Player

Testing DVX100/XM1 and buying DVX100

After renting a DVX100 (PAL) for a day to test it I've already ordered it. So hopefully I'll join you all in two weeks time when the camera arrives.

We did a head to head test between a Canon XM1 and DVX100, making outdoor and indoor shots. We both pointed the lenses to the same scenery using tripods and both camcorders where directly connected to a large tv.
In the video-mode of the DVX100 the image looked a little better than the XM1. Lesser contrast, more finer and details. But not a big world of difference.
Then we switched on the 25P (PAL!) modus and then we where shocked by the quality of the DVX100 footage. I was sold! On indoor shots with daylight coming from the window, we discovered that there were more details in the shadowside of objects in the room and also more details visible in the windowside of the same objects. More like a photocamera.

Ofcourse a couple of minor things that could be approved were found. Like the unhandy plastic power-switch and the distance for the thumb of your right hand to the recording button inside of it. And the big number of buttons on the bottom-leftside and front of the camcorder. Not always very handy, but that's just a matter of getting used to.
Comparing this with my current Sony TRV30 consumer camcorder I know that the practical side of the TRV30 (and it's reasonable quality of the image) make me keep the Sony for quick shots around the house etc.
The DVX100 will be used for projects and short movies. Can't wait to start the first new project with it!

Peter Sieben
Old October 17th, 2003, 02:09 PM   #80
Trustee

Hey Peter, good to hear! Good luck with your new camera!

Cheers
Aaron
Old October 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #81
Regular Crew

Time Code issues

I have a minidv tape with a bunch of timecodes breaks. The timecode jumps all over the place threw out the hole tape which obviously makes it hard to batch capture...

I kinda have a brain fart but... how can i refresh a minidv tape with new timecode? I've tried laying new timecode with the DVX but had troubles when i jumped back and forth between VTR and CAMERA. I ended up with more breaks again as the timecode doesnt stay consistent.
Ozan Biron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2003, 02:37 PM   #82
Regular Crew

set time code on regen and avoid switching off the camera. every time before start recording, hit rec check. that will bring back to the last time code, but after switching the camera off and on again, push slightly the rewind button and set manually to the end of the last shot.
Shai Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:51 PM   #83
New Boot

Internet Camera distributors

I am trying to buy a DVX100, and I have been getting the run around with some of these online distributors. Like one sales person I talked to told me that ground-shipping form New Jersey to Dallas, TX would 3-4 weeks. I asked him if his shipping company was still using covered wagon? Another thing I have came across is the old bait and switch deal where they quote you one price then once they have your credit card number the price magically rises about $400.

Where is a good online store?

If you are in the Dallas area where could I buy it from physical store?

Thanks for your help

Matt
Matthew Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:01 AM   #84
Regular Crew

Before everyone starts telling you not to ask this question here, here is the link to dvinfo's reputable sponsors:

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 08:38 PM   #85
Major Player

Puldown not work!!!! ARGG.

Ok, I'm doing some compositing work on stuff I jsut show. It was shot in F5(Normal 24P) and for some reason, I can't get rid of the interlaced fields which ever pulldown I use. Some shots would be pure progressive but soem would have fields!! I'm using AFX anyone else seen this problem? thanks
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #86
Space Hipster

What AFX settings are you using for interpret footage and composition?
Old October 26th, 2003, 04:01 AM   #87
Regular Crew

Where to buy your MQ tapes?

Anyone have some good suggestions of where to get the Panasonic MQ tapes in bulk prices? And is this everyones preferred tape? Seems like from most of the posts this is the case.....

Ted
Ted Banucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #88
Warden

Do a search, this topic has been covered extensively. This is a link to our sponsor page, please support these forums and this community by supporting our sponsor.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:14 AM   #89
Major Player

A/V cords

Where can i find A/V cords for my dvx100 because i didnt get any with my camera.????
Mike Zorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2003, 09:23 AM   #90
Major Player

electronics store:)
Nick Medrano is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant