"Peaking" on the DVX? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"Peaking" on the DVX?

my "DVX book" (which came with the camera, but is not an official manual) kind of vaguely mentions a "peaking" option to help you focus on the DVX 100a. When I have used "peaking" on other DV cameras, it kind of highlights or draws a white line around objects when they are in focus.

I cannot find this option anywhere in the DVX menu, even though the book says it exists.

Am I missing something?
Todd Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
New Boot

What they are referring to is the EVF/DTL button.

It is on the left side of the camera above the battery compartment. When activated it shows a thin black outline around objects that are in sharp focus.

Last edited by Dave Vaughn; February 1st, 2008 at 03:06 PM.
Dave Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

"When activated it shows a thin black outline around objects that are in sharp focus."

Correction: it's actually a slight WHITE outline (actually, its not a colour at all.. its digital detail noise), however the detail of the LCD/EVF is also increased, but it DOES assist with focusing.

What you're seeing is a high detail noise differentiation between what is in focus and what isn't. Its not an actual outline per se (as seen with the JVC or EX units).
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

wow

wow, i've owned that camera for 3 years, and never knew that existed or what that button was. i thought it was something used for locating the end of the tape.

thanks.
Todd Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Differences in models

Do note that the original AG-DVX100, that is not the A or B models, did not feature the peek function.
Stuart Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant