SP or LP on DVX-100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 21st, 2003, 12:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

SP or LP on DVX-100?

What speed are YOU recording with and have you had any problems while using LP mode?

The manual says "When playing back video recorded in LP mode, the tape may not play back properly on other MiniDV decks" It also says that while recording in LP mode it will NOT degrade the quality at all.

I guess this is "ok", since I always capture and print to the DVX-100 and don't use any other cameras or players for that matter. But then, what about the in the future. hmmm...

The reason I'm asking because I'll be doing weddings and I don't want to have to go thru 10 DV tapes being that they are only 60min.

Panasonic does not recommend you getting longer tapes then 60min.
www.riverlightstudios.com
DVX100/Final Cut Pro 4/Mac G5 Dual 1.8
Mark Monciardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 01:20 PM   #2
Space Hipster

I never use LP as I have a sepate capture/print deck.
Old July 21st, 2003, 02:44 PM   #3
Barry Wan Kenobi

LP is pretty much universally frowned upon because it significantly increases the chance of dropouts.

If you're shooting that much footage, you might want to investigate a hard disk unit like the Laird CapDiv or the FireStore FS-3. Those would let you shoot for something like four hours at a time, straight to disk, and that way it would be instantly editable (no digitizing process!) Should save you hours and hours in post.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant