PAL DVX100 and 25p editing... HELP! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 26th, 2003, 06:08 PM   #16
New Boot

Hello to everybody,

i have a bad news and a good news. The bad first?

Ok, the bad: i'm stupid...

The good one: progressive works perfectly! Remember when i told to all of you that i captured two sequences, one in 50i and one in 25p? I did exactly that, BUT while recording the sequence in 50i, i switched the dial button form F1 to F6 to record the sequence in 25p. This was a mistake i did not expected to occur. In fact the cam remained in 50i and just added the cine-like gamma and matrix. So i was fooled at the beginning, i thought the images were acquired in 25p. The only excuse is that i bought the camera a few days ago...

Today i did one sequence in 50i, then shut off the camera, then turned it on again and recorded a sequence in 25p. GUESS WHAT? It worked perfectly under premiere with a matrox 2500 rt for capture: fabulous full frames... So be aware that you can not record 25p while switching from 50i.

I feel so stupid...

But the good news is that this camera works magnificently well, with a beautiful resolution, a wonderful subtelty in the images it takes, i'm really amazed...

Now i will perform tests to see if my configuration retrieves all the informations recorded in the ccd, i have the possibility to do that and i will keep you informed of the results.

Today is a great day.

Sorry that i took your time to all of you, really... but many thanks for your precious attempts to help me, i think in the future we will meet again (but for good reasons)

Stefan
Stefan Susini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 01:26 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I have used the DVX100e (PAL) with 25p in Vegas and it does capture progressive. However, when I captured a sequence of 50i, followed by 25p, as one clip, the "properties" of the 25p section showed it as being interlaced. When I captured the 50i section as one clip, and then captured the 25p as a second clip, the 25p clip showed the correct properties. I used TMPGEnc to make a 25p mpeg file, and DVD architect to burn a 25p DVD. As I don't have a progressive scan DVD player or TV, I didn't actually make a DVD disc, but Cyberlink PowerDVD on my computer happily played back the Video_TS.ifo file, as a progressive DVD.
Patrick Bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 04:39 PM   #18
New Boot

Hello Patrick,

your finding confirms my own experience with matrox rt 2500 for capture and premiere for editing. We must all keep in mind this to avoid mistakes, i'm wondering if certain person make that mistake and don't realize they are in fact capturing interlaced. At least we know 25p is reality, a fantastic one. This cam only lacks a 16/9 ccd...

Stefan
Stefan Susini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant