Using Wireless Mic With DVX100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 28th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #1
New Boot

Using Wireless Mic With DVX100

Although I don't own either right now, how would you go about connecting an Azden WMS-PRO wireless mic system into the DVX100? From what I see, the DVX100 has XLR connectors and the Azden receiver has 1/8" mini plugs. Would just a straight off the shelf adapter do the trick? Thanks for your replies.
Ron Caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Ron, I say this as a friend. Please don't get that wireless system if you own a dvx100. You will not be happy with the sound quality at all and that's an unusual request to begin with... Looking for a way to make a low-end consumer wireless set work with a semi-professional camera is folly. Beachtek is a successful company built by empowering people to get good sound into mid to lower-end cameras because when it comes to entertaining or captivating an audience the sound is equal to, if not more important than, the picture. Now it just so happens that the audio is where the dvx100 TRULY shines... don't use an adapter to make it sound like any other (cheap) camcorder.

Get a used xlr-wireless or go with the Audio-Technica at100 for $400... you'll be VOLUMES happier in the long run.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Matt is right get a good mic.

I use the Sennheiser evolution 500 on my DVX and the sound is great.

I shoot weddings and when perspective clients hear the sound they always comment on how clear it is.

If money is the issue start saving until you can get a good mic.

That is what I am doing now because I want another one.
Ron Little is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant