Good tape deck at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM   #1
New Boot

Good tape deck

Anyone know of a good tape deck that I can use with my dvx100b? I don't want to use a handycam or minicam because I want a deck that can go through the tape fast, not just to keep my dvx100b's head's life last longer. Thanks for any suggestions.
Yousha Sarmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Yousha,
I've been using a Sony DSR30 for about 10 years with outstanding reliability. It's an industrial strenght deck and built like a tank. Only records in DVCAM format (small and large cassettes) but plays back mini-dv also. They are available used for good prices. Cleaning and adjusting to bring it up to spec is about $100 here in the L.A. area. Many folks here like the smaller Sony DSR11 decks...newer model but not as hefty a build quality (IMO). The only ones I've been warned to stay away from are the JVCs and some of the Pana JVC clones.
Hope this helps.
Ken
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you for your reply. Will look into it.
Yousha Sarmadi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant