Important DVX100 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 20th, 2003, 09:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Important DVX100 question

Hi everyone! I am in need of some information that I can't seem to get anywhere else about the Panasonic DVX100 24p...
The XL1s has a problem that many have been upset about (see this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1743&highlight=canon+class+action+lawsuit)

It is a long 4 pixel high black bar across the bottom of the screen when shooting video.
Does anyone know if the DVX100 have this same black bar across the bottom? If someone could please check theirs for me and post the answer as soon as possible, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Once again, if you are not sure what I mean about the black bar problem, please read http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1743&highlight=canon+class+action+lawsuit

Thanks again and I hope someone can help me out with this question!

Dushan
Dushan Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:00 AM   #2
Space Hipster

DVX100 does not have this problem with a black bar on the horizontal edge.

There are some pixels at the fringe of the vertical sides of the image when you look at the full frame, but most DV cameras have always had this issue to some degree.

There are a links to tons of screen grabs in this forum including the resource page at the top of the forum that you can inspect.
Old August 20th, 2003, 10:24 AM   #3
New Boot

Ah...so the DVX100 shoots a FULL 720X480 without that annoying black bar? That's a very, very good thing because I had bought the XL1s a month ago and when I saw the black bar problem, I was very irked so I returned it and the reseller told me specifically to **make sure the DVX100 does not have this problem** before I ordered it through them.
It's funny because the XL1s supposedly used the Panny chipset in the first place, which is why I was worried that the DVX100 had the same problem.
Basically, I have chosen the DVX100 over the XL1s because quite frankly, besides the black bar that you have to fix in post, I am simply not thrilled with the XL1s resolution. After a month of intensive filming with it, I have come to realize that it's fine for TV's, but it's not so great for high resolution computer screens.

I've read alot on here and I've noticed that you do know alot about the DVX100 Stephen... so do you feel I am doing the right thing by brining back the XL1s and getting the Panny?
It would be great the hear your thoughts on it...

Dushan
Dushan Horvat is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant