Dvx100b Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #1
New Boot

Dvx100b Settings

Hi All,

I've been messing around with the settings on the dvx100b and just wanted to know if you guys know what the best ideal settings are for low-light indoor shots, low-light outdoor shots, medium-light indoor, and medium-light outdoor. All of this will be shot in 24p with no gain and auto whitebalance.
Yousha Sarmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Better than Halle Berry

Be a little more specific- when you say low light- do you mean no added movie lights? In that case in most settings you'll be hard-pressed to get a usable image with no gain. So let us know a bit more what you're really after.

Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 11:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Noah. First off, I want to let you know I ordered your DVD through callbox regarding the dvx100b and Final Cut. Excellent.

As for more info, I'm going to be shooting in a room with low lighting for a "bedroom" scene. There will be very low fill lighting and and low key lighting. I don't mind using the gain as long as the images don't look TOO grainy. I know they will look somewhat grainy cause of the gain anyway.
Yousha Sarmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 04:30 AM   #4
Major Player

My suggestion here would be to light the scene brightly and crush your blacks in post. Always easier to take brightness out in post than have crappy source footage.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant