stolen dvx-100 alert! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 21st, 2003, 08:53 PM   #1
New Boot

stolen dvx-100 alert!

On the off chance anyone comes across our DVX-100, stolen this weekend on the Lower East Side of New York, here are the details:

Serial #: 12TD00280 (located on underside of viewfinder)
The camera had a Chrosziel 3" x 3" mattebox w/eyebrow (aka sunshade w/filter holder and French flag) on the front -- at the time of the theft, an ultracon1 filter was in the mattebox. A Tiffen filter pouch was in the side pocket with additional 3x3 filters: a polarizer, and ND3 and an ND6. Other items in the bag were two 5 1/2 hour lithium batteries in addition to the one that comes with the camera, a Beyerdynamic camera shoe shockmount, full complement of lens cleaning supplies, blah, blah, blah. The manual has gotten mangled and was wrapped in a plastic bag. ALMOST EVERYTHING IN THE BAG HAD OUR PRODUCTION COMPANY STICKERS ON IT -- Topiary Productions, Inc. Obviously these would have been removed, but the stickers are around 2" x 1/2" with rounded edges and would presumably have left negative images on the batteries and other accessories unless someone really attacked everything with alcohol. There were also two very thin strips of black gaffer tape on the top and bottom of the flip-out monitor for on-the-fly letterboxing; if you look really closely at the edges of the monitor, you can just make out the sharpie lines for a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

Thanks for keeping an eye out, folks!

Ben Wolf
Topiary Productions, Inc.
Brooklyn, NY
benwolf@topiaryproductions.com
www.topiaryproductions.com
Ben Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2003, 08:58 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Ouch - that's a bummer. Hope you have some kind of insurance. Thanks for the alert.
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:49 PM   #3
High School Student

Yikes, that sucks dude. I couldn't imagine having something like that stolen for me, but then again I keep even my crappy $350 camera right at my side at all times, unless i'm somewhere I trust, and if I had a DVX100, it would be handcuffed to me. :D

Well, I hope you get it back, good luck.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2003, 12:21 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Check with the local cam shops and pawn shops. Also check e-bay to see if pops up. But I really doubt you're going to get it back. Hopefully it was insured.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2003, 02:09 PM   #5
Regular Crew

some guy is selling one for 1900.00 might be the one!

I was sent an e-mail from some guy selling one for 1900.00 his phone number is 901-337-6941 his e-mail is derikshun@yahoo.com might want to have him checked out he sounded like a thief and sent me an e-mail calling me a cracker when i asked for his real name and address to buy it through escrow then made a threat to me when i siad i was going to inform the police about him etc. good luck hope he's the thief that stole it. ;-)
Old August 28th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #6
Regular Crew

It's probably some guy that doesn't have anything at all and is trying to get the money from you..

They will email the ebay members that didn't win actions on cameras and tell them "Hey I have one for 1000 cheaper". Usally they will only accept payment thru Western Union and most of the time they are in another country.

Stay away from these folks!

:-)
www.riverlightstudios.com
DVX100/Final Cut Pro 4/Mac G5 Dual 1.8
Mark Monciardini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

stolen dvx100

So far i have busted 3 fake escrow sites and stopped about 50 scammers on ebay all while trying to get a good deal on a dvx100 the worst coutry seems to be spain alot of them from spain lol i still dont have a dvx100 but i did find one for 2800.00 thats the best price iv seen so far , as far as the guy selling the dvx100 for 1900.00 he was also selling a bunch of other gear sounded like he was selling stolen gear the way he acted and said he had a wharehouse here as well as south ny etc. just thought he might be worth checking out.
good luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant