dropped frames HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 14th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #1
Tourist

dropped frames HELP

i seem to have alot of dropped frames on a piece i just shot. Should i trouble shoot by looking at the camera or is it hardware issues. The tapes are panasonic, the camera is new, i have tons of hard drive space. It was working fine * the camera * up until these last few tapes. any help would be appreciated

erick
Erick Schiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 05:02 AM   #2
Inner Circle

are you gettin dropped frames on the PC or is it during tape playback???
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 10:38 AM   #3
Tourist

dropped frames

yeah
it is capturing on the mac, FCP here at work. For some reason it drops frames and stops the batch capture. I was wondering if it is a camera problem and that I need to get my cam looked at , or a mac problem. I am just looking for some help on where to start my trouble shooting. all the signs on the mac look ok, by the book. I hope it is not a panasonic problem.

thanks for replying

erick
Erick Schiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 10:54 AM   #4
Inner Circle

dude

is it doing it on a normal playback from the cam, or is it ONLY during capture?

if its capture u might need to streamline ur machines HDD... its the mot common coz of drop outs
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

You need to isolate which side it's occuring on. First thing to figure out, is it happening at the same place each time? If so, unplug the firewire and either watch/listen to the playback on the LCD or hook up to a TV/monitor and see if it skips at the same spot. If it does, it's the Panasonic (or more likely the tape). If it doesn't, hook it back up through firewire and watch the LCD while capturing, if it skips on the LCD the same time FCP reports a dropped frame then it's the Panasonic/tape.

But if it's happening randomly, it's most likely a computer issue. The only way to verify this is to watch the whole tape on LCD/monitor and look for any skips, or to monitor the LCD while capturing via firewire.

If it appears to be a Panasonic/tape issue, you can try the tape in another deck or camcorder and see if it does the same thing. If so, it's the tape otherwise it may indeed be your camera. Like the poster above mentioned though, most dropouts are caused by the computer side of things.
Sean R Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant