Where to buy parts for DVX? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 03:01 AM   #1
New Boot

Where to buy parts for DVX?

I was shooting a music video last week and on a fast dolly move the head slammed into a pole and the camera flew off the head and slammed to the ground...It works fine but I need a new bottom plate where the receiver stripped out...At least I know the camera is tough...any ideas where to find a pdf illustration online that labels the part numbers?
thanks...
PS...The video will air on MTV2 in a month....Endo, Simple Lies from the Daredevil Soundtrack
Teo Coxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 05:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

you might just want to talk to panasonic first. that would seem like the most logical thing to do. could you post some clips of the musiv video. i would love to take a look at what this camera can do. i have a massive decision coming up soon "dvx or xl".
Alfred Tomaszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Major Player

I agree, you should probably take it in to a service center just in case doing work on the camcorder yourself may void the warranty. But I know how that can be a hassle so if you really want, here's the page to buy Panasonic parts:

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr/

Do a search by model (the search field on the right hand side of the page) and enter "AGDVX100"

This should pull up all the related parts associated with the camcorder. Additionally, you can call 1-800-833-9626 to "inquire about the part" in question.

Hope this helps, at least you can get an idea of how much the part is you're looking for.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 12:53 AM   #4
New Boot

I called and ordered the part...The mount is made of the cheapest magnesium crap I've ever seen...It's the same consistency as plastic...Be careful not to tighten it too much and avoid any extra weight when tilting at any extreme angle because it's really fragile....The video will be posted on my new website along with other's 24p work...I'll keep you posted
Teo Coxman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant