editing software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 15th, 2003, 09:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

editing software

Ok, I currently use abobe premiere 6.5 and I really like the software. My system is a custom built system (by me) and I am using pinnacle pro one. As you all might have heard pinnacle is no longer supporting premiere pro. They want you to bu there software ( pinacle edition). I think this is a slap in my face by pinnacle. I've been a big supporter of them for a long time and a big adobe user. since I use 2 panasonic ag-dvx100 which other software will take advantage of the 24p. I know final cut pro is out there and so is avid. But avid cost to darn much and well final cut is final cut. Open for new suggestions on rebuilding my new system. The other option is g5.
Old October 15th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Vegas Video 4 (see the Vegas forum here on DVInfo). It fully supports the DVX100 - moreso than than Premiere Pro. I switched from Premiere to Vegas and although it's a learning curve, well worth it.
Old October 16th, 2003, 09:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Stephen thanks for the info, what type of capture card does vegas video support?, will it work with my pro-one card?. Do i need to just rebuild from scratch. How long did it take you to learn it. Does it support after effect, photoshop ect....

sorry for all the Q but what better why then to talk to someone who is using it.
Old October 16th, 2003, 11:01 AM   #4
Space Hipster

It just needs a firewire port - it's not hardware specific. The specific functions of the pro-one won't work - it will just see it as a firewire card.

I still use Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, though it's not tightly integrated with them like Premiere is, but I don't miss it since I use After Effects for my titles, post, compositing and effects anyway.
Old October 16th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #5
Skyonic New York

you owe it yourself to see fcp in action...

i wrote the book on pinns blunders, but with fresh start software only solutions like vegas, avid, ppro, edition and fcp have lot to offer any one of them are winners, the nice thing is you can demo them
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2003, 11:57 AM   #6
Major Player

I'd say Avid is the best--especially if you'll be dealing with a fair amount of footage. Tough to beat Xpress Pro in my mind.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:21 AM   #7
Major Player

So you guys are saying that premier wont come out with a premier pro 7.1 or anything? So i'm pretty much screwed if i wanted to capture in 24p. Could my friend capture it in his mac and put it onto a disk and then can i bring it into premier. So avid express captures in 24p? I'm pretty new to all of this so sorry.
Mike Zorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #8
Space Hipster

If you are using Premiere, you can use DV Filmmaker (www.dvfilmmaker.com) to process your footage - see the FAQ on their site.

Avid new Mojo (not sure if it's shipping yet) supposedly fully support the DVX100.
Old October 19th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #9
Major Player

Avid Xpress Pro (even without the Mojo) does support 24P on the DVX100 and it works wonderfully. We are using it on our doc bringing in about 80 hrs of ftg and it has been flawless. You can even set the capture with an audio offset to compensate for the DVX100 audio sync issues (2 frames). In my mind this is the best software you can get.

peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2003, 09:22 AM   #10
Regular Crew

I am a Premiere user and I also have Vegas. Would it work if I capture 24PA AVI with Vegas and do my edition with Premiere? Does AVI captured with Vegas compatible with Premiere Pro?? I want to use my Matrox RTX100 with Premiere.
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2003, 09:28 AM   #11
Space Hipster

Paul:

You could export the 24PA AVI out of Vegas, but I'm not sure if Matrox has updated their codec to support 24fps (23.97fps).

The RTX100 (if it's like my old RT2000) will only run real-time with Matrox AVI's, not others which it will re-render.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant