Just purchased a dvx100 (finally) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 5th, 2003, 06:15 PM   #1
New Boot

Just purchased a dvx100 (finally)

I have been saving for quite a few months to buy a 3 chip camera, having a hard time making up my mind until the last week on the exact one, but settled on the dvx100. I purchased it from B&H. I couldn't afford the Mack 4 year warranty (for an extra $170) just now, but was told that I could purchase it from B&H for up to 30 days after the purchase of the camera. I am going to do that. I can't wait now to start buying accessories (once I get paid again next month).
Anyways i have been lurking here for a couple months, and researching everything there is to research about most of the 3 chip cameras, and I know I made the right choice in terms of overall flexibility and adjustibility (ability to switch between conventional 60i and 30p and 24p). I think what finally convinced me though was looking at 1 wedding my friend shot with a dvx100, a pd150 , and a canon xl1s, and comparing the footage from the 3 different cameras. The dvx100 clearly looked to my eyes (and my friend who had rented it only for that weekend) much better than the other two, ESPECIALLY when the lighting was right. That by the way is my next big investment. Anyways I am proud to now start posting my idiotic questions here, as I am sure there will be many. :)
Gerald Galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Congrats Gerald.
Gerald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #3
Major Player

Congrats. I bacame an offical member of the club 3 weeks ago and this camera kicks major tail! Don't worry about the questions; that's what this is all for. By the way, another good forum is www.dvxuser.com
John Hudson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant