New AG-DVX100A announced - please post all threads here - frame grabs available - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 16th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Translate

go to
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
and type in the web site...

Goat
Brian Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #17
Warden

Frank posted the same link several weeks ago. I think it is a camera fan site. Speculation is that it is a wish list for features. I don't know if Frank got it translated or not.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #18
Regular Crew

It's not a fan site. Check out betterwhois.com and you'll see that panasonic.biz is registered to matsushita.

Also, you can get the brochure at:

http://panasonic.biz/sav/camera/ag-d...AG-DVX100A.pdf

The original link translated:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...g-dvx100a.html
Chris Sorensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:45 PM   #19
Space Hipster

Can anyone (Chris?) get info if/when this model is coming to the US?

panosonic.biz is legit though the Babelfish is fun:

Panasonic.biz, to the business user way of government and municipal offices self-governing community & public works projects body enterprise various corporate bodies, is the home page which offers the commodity for business and the various colorful items of information regarding the solution comprehensively.

Because the highest of the customer growth development of the business of satisfaction and 21st century type is actualized, the ¡which hard and software are superior, collects knowledge and the intelligence which are stored so far, starts us answering by comprehensive power

:)
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #20
Outer Circle

I never translated it. I'd have to go to a high speed connection with newer hard/soft-ware. I've checked with other sites geared with new cam announcements---nada, not a thing. However, the first link on this thread was from the south pacific region, so I suspected the "A" stands for Aussie model (and that region). Pana AU doesn't even market the DVX100 Down-Under. Another company brings them in. I don't know why.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #21
Warden

At a recent trade show, no one in Panasonic USA was acknowledging its existence. The Expandore site says available end of January 2004.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #22
Skyonic New York

A stands for advanced:

some new features

Furthermore the picture quality function which evolved -
Building in the improvement and high-level image adjustment function of color reproducibility
- With the optimization of color separation optical system, furthermore a more faithful color reproducibility than past.
- New mode "ENRICHED" (richer color) the matrix setting which is added.
- V detail (contour revision of vertical direction) level, H/V detail balance and detail coring (noise removal of detail) adjustment is possible.
- Knee (compression of brightness) point setting (AUTO/LOW/MID/HIGH).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore it is easy to use -
Photographing function with 24P/30P mode is complete
With AG-DVX100A, we have added the photographing performance with the 24P/30P mode whosedemand is high from the past, to be easier to use it evolves.
- Focusing assist function*.
- Gain rise (maximum + 12dB) is possible.
- Indication and output of the color bar are possible.
* Automatic focusing operates, but somewhat from at the time of 60i mode time is required for the focusing setting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complacent activity
As a camera for business, furthermore the operativity mobility reliability which is brushed up.

Wide edge f=4.5mm -
The professional specification which thought of reporting collection of data interior recording
For broadcast the zoom lens which covers the angle of view of the wide edge whose use frequency is high with the one for business. As for the wide edge f=4.5mm (with 35mm conversion 32.5mm). You can obtain the angle of view which is sufficient for recording and recording of the narrow interior or combines interview one-man recording which are approached to the collection of data object. Because installing the wide converter lens becomes unnecessary with most uses, original mobility can be shown sufficiently. In addition MOD of the TELE edge (most near focal length) approximately 0.6m, mobility of the handy camera can be shown freely.

Cam type manual zoom -
Furthermore it got near to the interchangeable lens to the operation impression
The cam system which can do interchangeable lens similar zooming for business (mechanical operation) the manual zoom ring. Direct with operation, delicate zoom operation is possible quickly. With AG-DVX100A furthermore it evolves into the touch where the operation impression of the zoom ring had the stickiness. Servo (electromotion) it equips also zoom of course. As for speed of servo zoom the slow zoom which former approximately 1.5 times will be slow has become possible.

Manual/automatic focusing -
Supporting fast operation under all circumstances
Quick focusing is possible under all circumstances. At the time of MANUAL mode manual focusing by the focusing ring. Also this operation impression with AG-DVX100A evolves into the touch which has the stickiness. With AUTO mode automatic focusing of high speed works, participates to emergency and the high/low angle time. XXINF Position resets focal length to infinity and supporting manual focusing operation. As for the PUSH AUTO button the focus adjusting which is fast by being able to use automatic focusing temporarily at the time of manual mode as an assistance of manual focusing is actualized.
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 06:15 AM   #23
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : I never translated it. I'd have to go to a high speed connection with newer hard/soft-ware. I've checked with other sites geared with new cam announcements---nada, not a thing. However, the first link on this thread was from the south pacific region, so I suspected the "A" stands for Aussie model (and that region). Pana AU doesn't even market the DVX100 Down-Under. Another company brings them in. I don't know why. -->>>

hey frank, the "Pro" Pana gear is supplied by rexel who are absolutely useless and charge and arm and a leg for the most basic of items.

Im using the aussie version 50i/25p dvx and i honestly dont see them bringin out another version considering the existing one retails for $8800 and has only been on the market since March this year... going any higher and your lookin at grey market Import Beta SP prices, which most people would go for considering the proximity of the asian market to us.

I can fly to asia from here, buy a DVC200 and have a good time and be left with change for less than 10 grand, which, when you consider the price of this "advanced" dvx would most likely fetch...

in the end, SoftWare is SW and to have to purchase a whole new unit to benefit from the features of the updated SW would HAVE TO BE the dumbest thing Pana could consider...

theyd be pissing off ALOT of users..

Im happy to pay $250USD for an update for my cameras software, im not happy to pay 4grand USD for a new unit which IS benefcial, but not crucial to my daily runnings....

only time and Pana will tell...
On a side not, sticking to the topic, this all seems to be Software related, and in all honesty, i dont see
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 06:24 AM   #24
Outer Circle

Quote:
hey frank, the "Pro" Pana gear is supplied by rexel who are absolutely useless and charge and arm and a leg for the most basic of items.
Yeah, that's the name I was given by Pana AU. I was very surprised. That's crazy about the DVC200 only costing pennies more than the DVX100 with built-in airfare.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:31 PM   #25
Major Player

The big news is the 12-bit ADC. That is what makes the knee control (auto and three manual settings) and other stuff possible.

New gammas, slow shutters, the rest of the progressive software (auto focus (called focus assist because of its slow speed), gain, and color bars), improved feel on the lens rings, slower servo zoom, compressed 16:9.

This is a very complete job on the electronics. Missing were upgrades to the video. Native 16:9 CCD. A more reasonable lens --smaller OD, longer zoom (1/2" and 2/3") lens equivalents (around 7mm) have 16x to 23x zooms. The really wide ones (5mm and less) only go 10-12x zoom. However they are 15mm equivalents at 35mm. And include a built-in doubler.
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Any ideas on the description of some 3rd option on 16:9? It seems to indicate that there is (1) using the specialize lens, (2) regular letterbox, and then (3) something having to do with the progressive scan reducing the resolution loss associated with letterbox mode.
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:22 PM   #27
Barry Wan Kenobi

The three options they are describing are:

4:3 with letterbox (as in current camera)
16:9 with anamorphic adapter (as in current camera)
16:9 using internal squeeze mode (new to the updated camera)
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:27 PM   #28
Space Hipster

I'm thinking the chances of an upgrade kit are slim, given the new 12-bit DSP.

It will be interesting to see how much difference in quality the cams will capture.
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #29
Major Player

Panasonic English language info:

http://panasonic.co.jp/bsd/sales_o/0...g-dvx100a.html
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #30
Space Hipster

Ouch!!!

Thanks for the link. I may just sell my barely used unit if this is going to be available soon.

It pretty much is a complete wish list except for true 16:9 and long telephoto.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant