Picture adjustment: GL2 vs DVX100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 05:29 AM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Ho Chee Woe : hi Kaifoong,
http://www.dvworld.com.tw/product/DVX100_test/part4/dvx100_vs_lens.jpg -->>>

Yes Ho, that's exactly the site i went through :) So, PD150 really can't deliver that "look" from DVX100?

When did you buy your PD150 from Singapore? Any custom/tax problem? So you are getting the warrenty of singapore for the camera? I did when to sim lim before and there's a salesman told me "if I bought the camera back to use in malaysia, he can give me a lower price", but he didn't say why. Do you have any idea what's it about?

Ya, I've read articles about DVX100A and get quite excited too, especially the improvement in its progressive mode. But people are having quite some trouble in editing 24p footage while using software that haven't yet support it (such as Premier). PAL model is 25p right? I hope it's more compatible with NLE?
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:38 PM   #17
New Boot

i bought my PD150 last year. i throw away the box and just carried all stuff back to jb. so far i don't encounter any problem for travelling between m'sia and s'pore with my PD150. :)

as the salesrep told you, it is cheaper if you buy camcorder in s'pore and use it in m'sia. bcoz it is considered export model, means no warranty is covered (about SGD200 different). you also can claim back the GST if you leave s'pore by air.

actually the big improvement for DVX100A is the 12bit A/D and the new processor. so far only JVC DV300/301 equips with 12bit A/D in prosumer product beside the AGDVX100A and coming soon AGDVC30. it can produce wider dynamic range than a 8 bit A/D. (12bit = 4096 level, 8 bit = 256level)
Ho Chee Woe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Ah, 12 bit A/D is broadcast quality! This suppose to be a really big feature but the strange thing is, this feature never appear in their highlights list of new feature...i wonder why (same to the reviewer from camcorderinfo.com!) Another strange thing is, it stated 11x zoom in all their promotional articles but not their specs in panasonic jp website! (the website still saying 10x zoom).

Man, I am very interested to know its street price! Please come faster!
Old December 4th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #19
New Boot

the 12bit A/D was highlighted in panasonic.jp website.
http://panasonic.biz/sav/camera/ag-dvx100a/ag-dvx100a.html

regarding the zoom factor, personally i think it will be 10x.

anyway this is a great prosumer camcorder. hopefully the pal version can be released a.s.a.p. :)
Ho Chee Woe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Ho, Thanks for the web link :)

VX2100 is selling now in KL for a street price of around RM9-10k. It "looks" like a PD150 from the outside!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant