DVX100A MSRP and release announced... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old December 10th, 2003, 11:02 PM   #1
Barry Wan Kenobi

DVX100A MSRP and release announced...

According to Panasonic at DVExpo:

The DVX100A's MSRP is only $200 higher than the DVX100's. The DVX100 carries a list price of $3795 (around $3100 street price) and the DVX100A's list price is $3995, just $200 higher.

DVX100A's should be available in adequate supply in about two weeks.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 11:09 PM   #2
Space Hipster

Thanks for the update Barry. Much appreciated.

Now, I just to win the lottery and pay off my scam loss (I suppose entering the lottery might increase my odds :) so I can rebuy a DVX100, which would be a A since it will take a wee bit longer than 2 weeks to dig out of my hole.

Of course, I'm also toying with idea of shooting film again...I've figured out how to shoot my next short with a 35mm still camera so I don't have to give up filmmaking whilst camera-less. I'm also editing a old short I shot with a $200 VHS-C Camera in 1993 and edited in-camera...
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:25 AM   #3
Major Player

Any word on the DVC30? It was supposed to be annnounced at the same time?

And...

Any word on a DVC80a?

Thanks...
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #4
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Brown :

Any word on a DVC80a?

Thanks... -->>>

God, I hope not. The DVC80 is a much more recent release than the DVX100, is it not...

Besides, what would you want to see in a DVC80a?
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #5
Barry Wan Kenobi

The DVC30 was there and being shown. It was kind of small, not as small as I was expecting, and had a big beefy XLR handle on it. It was DVX-ish, but also a little more consumerish. Wasn't what I was interested in so I only gave it a cursory once-over.

The max zoom speed rocked, however. You could go from 0 to 16x in about two seconds, which was very cool. I didn't bother to look up pricing or availability, sorry.

And I didn't even think to ask about a DVC80A... sorry... maybe Zoomforce or Noah Kadner or someone who's still there will think to do that.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #6
Major Player

I would assume that the DVC80 will get the 12 bit A/D update, so it is at least comparable to the lower cost DVC30 sibling. It would also be nice to get the stiffer zoom/focus controls and other user I/F tweaks. No biggie, but the 8-bit to 12-bit A/D is a must (256 step verus 4096 step gray scale) for the enhanced dynamic range.
Old December 11th, 2003, 02:05 PM   #7
Major Player

Good point, but the DVC80 only came out about 5 months ago, didn't it? Did they rush to put it out before they had a handle on 12 bit A/D?

The DVC80 is just too new. It had barely been out when I bought it two months ago. It was funny watching all the DVX100 owners get pissy about the 100a, but I *will* be angry if Panasonic discontinues the DVC80 (by releasing an 80a) less than a year after its release.

EDIT: Or what it 9 months ago? One site says August, but Panasonic "announced" it in April with a May release date -- I think it came out closer to August, maybe... either way, less than a year is too soon...
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #8
Major Player

Stephen--What was the scam?

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #9
Space Hipster

I was selling a computer NLE and got a counterfeit cashiers check. I was one of the first people hit. Ending up costing me about $8000 cash lost and much more in time in fruitless appeals.
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #10
Major Player

Yikes! Sounds horrible. My regards,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #11
Major Player

Stephen, that is a complete drag and I am really sorry for you. I guess we need to clear the cashier's checks just like personal checks before shipping. I usually insist on US Postal Money Orders from US buyers on ebay. I also never do international transactions anymore.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant