DVc 30 Night modus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old December 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVc 30 Night modus

I have read that panasonic DVC 30 nighshot in 0 Lux modus is in black & white. I have read that is very clean and without noices.
Is this true? Is is possible with the new Panasonic DVC 30 to shoot in Black & White crispy Video in 0 lux??

lambis
Lambis Stratoudakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 07:14 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Where did you read that? I'm not aware of any published tests or user feedback on the web. This cam isn't even out yet.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 08:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have read it att:

http://www.globalmediapro.com/av/ind...03eb2ac0c23c56

New Infrared Nighttime Recording Mode and Slow Shutter for Ultrahigh Sensitivity

Infrared nighttime recording mode:
The AG-DVC30 is the world's first* 3CCD camera-recorder to offer this feature, which allows B/W recording in the dark via infrared light. This opens the door to entirely new possibilities in nighttime monitoring, surveillance, and news gathering. The built-in infrared light supports a recording distance of about 16 feet (5m), and an optional light extends the distance to 98 feet (30m) or more (reference value).

About the quality off B/W i dont remenber where i have read it but its sounds that it is exelent
Lambis Stratoudakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 08:45 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Yes, I read that too, but that's just from Pana's original announcement, which happened a few months ago.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 07:43 AM   #5
Inner Circle

well, its touted to be effective for military and covert use, and this si where the predominant figures of sales will end up going (Broadcastrs and military) considering the price, and the fact that you can get an optional atachment to increase distance, i would say that pana are so confident in this that it WOULD be a feature to be reckoned with..

most cams with this feature usually retail for over 5 times the asking price of this..

its a serious consideration for those in the surveilance business.....
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:03 AM   #6
Major Player

What's the big deal here? Isn't it like just Sony's NighShot? Sony sells an optional IR attachment onto their cams also so you can get extended 0-lux shooting range. I don't see whats so diff/revolusionary abour the 0lux feature of this cam.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2003, 12:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Yang:

What's the big deal here? Isn't it like just Sony's NighShot? Sony sells an optional IR attachment onto their cams also so you can get extended 0-lux shooting range. I don't see whats so
The diff/revolusionary abour the 0lux feature of this cam (if it is like they say) is that:
a: Its Black & white and crispy and not the green form sony
This is not only for Military but for some artistic work (Like a digital boles for night)

b: The price !!!

Lambis
Lambis Stratoudakis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant