Sennheiser ME66 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #16
Regular Crew

So the AT-897 does not need any type of power supply like the K6 its just a stand alone shotgun microhpne?
Jamison Olivieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

If Im going to buy a 10 ft extension xlr cable what kind would that be?
Old February 10th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #18
Major Player

Jamison--I would recommend the Sennheiser ME66/K6P combo. My only suggestion: get a better price. I paid $390 for BOTH parts, the ME66 and K6P from Location Sound in Los Angeles. BH doesn't always have the best prices. It is a great mic, though. I couldn't recommend any cable to you, but I've found the Location Sound people to be very helpful and htey might be able to.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #19
Regular Crew

ok THANKS!
Old February 13th, 2004, 09:52 AM   #20
Wrangler

The ME66 requires the K6 module for powering- phantom or not. They do sell a module that is Phantom only but I think it kinda defeats the purpose- it's better to have the standard K6 so you at least have the option of external power.

The ME66 in general is a very hot mic- I'm sending mine in for the "red dot modification" at Senheisser. Bascially they remove one of the capacitors to make it a bit more usuable. In it's stock form it tends to overload quite easily. This modification supposedly doesn't affect the dynamic range of the mic while lowering it's sensitivity and inclination to overload. It's a free mod under warranty- out of warranty it's like $9 usd.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #21
New Boot

I am about to buy the ME66 and saw this thread. Can someone check that link and make sure I am ordering the correct thing and it will work fine? It only scares me because the price is a lot lower than the 500 range that some said it was in. So I want to make sure it includes everything. Thanks

link
Tyler Gred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #22
Major Player

That's the right one Tyler...everything you need, and a very good price.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #23
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Richardson : That's the right one Tyler...everything you need, and a very good price.

Peter -->>> Thank you very much, Peter.
Tyler Gred is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant