DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   macro focus (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/21087-macro-focus.html)

Harish Kumar February 9th, 2004 11:07 AM

macro focus

can somebody please assist me how to remove the macro focus in dvx 100 once it is engaged.

thanks

Ken Tanaka February 9th, 2004 04:25 PM

Simply pull the focus back. Macro becomes engaged around MF35 or MF36. The "Macro" indicator will disappear at higher indexes.

Harish Kumar February 10th, 2004 09:49 AM

thanks ken , but it doesnt go away ...image is still blurry ... i have to turn camera on and off about 10 times .............on sunday evening i was shooting on a highway....and just when it was time to shoot...it became blurry and wouldnt go away.....so we had to get of the highway....which took long time coming back and the light I wanted to shoot in got darker and all was waste. The camera when I turn on gives me a blurry image and is set at f 5.6
It has been very annoying. I pulled the focus back but still wouldnt go away.

Can somebody help me please
Thanks

Bryan Roberts February 10th, 2004 09:53 AM

Call up panasonic, it sounds like you've got problems. Don't forget, if you're shooting in 24p or 24pa, the auto focus is extremely slow so in theory, I guess if you left it trying to focus on something close up, then pulled out focus and turned it off, that the next time you turned on the camera, it would start the extremely slow auto focus on a macro subject when you're pulled out wide?

Harish Kumar February 10th, 2004 10:29 AM

thanks bryan.... may be that is the case , yes I am shooting 24pa
so what should I do , just pull the focus back and the wait for sometime before I shut it off???? Thanks I will call panasonnic anyway
Thanks again

John Hudson February 10th, 2004 11:38 AM

Don't take this the wrong way:

Were you in Manual Focus and forgot?

I know, I know. But people still forget to remove lens cap sometimes! ;p

Harish Kumar February 11th, 2004 08:25 AM

Thanks Bryan

yes I was in manual focus. Should I get out of manual focus when shutting down??

Bryan Roberts February 11th, 2004 10:41 AM

It really doesn't matter - if you leave it in manual focus when you shut down, just be prepared to have the image all fuzzy when you turn the camera back on. Here, you can try this trick if you're still having problems- If you find yourself stuck in out of focus world, change your scene file (the f1 - f6 scroll button on the back of the cam) to like f4 (assuming you left the factory defaults) and then hit Auto Focus. In this mode it will focus back very quickly. Then you can change back to a 24p or 24pa mode and start from there. Keep in mind the Auto Focus is ONLY slow on your 24p and 24pa scene files.

Harish Kumar February 11th, 2004 12:57 PM

thanks bryan , thanks john hudson

thanks for your replies
I will try that and let you know
thanks again

Rod Finch March 10th, 2005 05:39 PM

hey I have the same prob please tell me how you fixed it