"November" on At the Angelica on IFC... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old February 10th, 2004, 03:51 AM   #1
New Boot

"November" on At the Angelica on IFC...

I just saw this week's episode of "At the Angelica" on the IFC channel with a review of "November." Which of course is the Courtney Cox movie shot with the DVX100.

They actually show clips of the movie and it looks filmic, IMO. I really don't think the common person would be able to tell it's mini DV if you were to the see movie displayed on your TV. Of course, I don't know what this movie would like on a big cinema screen because I have not seen it yet in the cinema. But on TV, November's picture looked very film like. The director stated, to paraphrase, "though it was shot on mini DV he wanted to push the aesthetics of it and achieve cinema quality." Ie- what we are all trying to achieve with the DVX100.

It was a nice nod to the DVX100! And we all know that "November" won Best Cinematography at Sundance.

The IFC channel repeats "At the Angelica" often so you should be able to catch it this whole week :)

BTW- does everyone agree that the host is fairly easy on the eyes? It sure helps to be a cute hostess when you talk to "players/ serial monogomists" like Billy Bob Thornton. They took a page from pharmaceutical representatives qualifications ;)
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #2
Major Player

I am dying to see this film on the big screen. I'm sure they didn't use "s-spline" to blow it up either, I'm sure a chunk of change went into the transfer...

And pharma reps LOL...there's a movie in there somewhere about businesses that hire attractive women to woo male-dominated businesses....

Michael Struthers
www.buzzdigital.com
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I TiVo'ed a rerun last night, and it looked great (on the TV at least)! I mean it really looked good, was very impressed, I really want to see the movie and would love to see how it looks on the big screen.

BTW, they didn't use s-spline ;) they used a place in Hollywood called Laser-Pacific to do the uprez and transfer.
Sean R Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant