DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Poor Mack Customer Service (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/21409-poor-mack-customer-service.html)

Michael Frank February 15th, 2004 07:14 PM

Poor Mack Customer Service

The handle zoom in and record button on by DVX100 has not worked properly since I bought it. I got the international warranty as a precaution. I live in Australia and have contacted Mack warranty 3 times to arrange an authorisation for service. I received an automatic reply from the first one saying the contact person is on extended leave (didn't say when they'd be back) and attempts to contact other personnel have been ignored. I need to get the camera fixed soon and I'm pretty pissed off. Has anyone else found Mack's customer service unsatisfactory?

Jeff Donald February 15th, 2004 08:00 PM

Sounds like a phone call might be in order. Emails are cheap, but unfortunately can be avoided, misfiled, ignored etc.

John Hudson February 16th, 2004 11:31 AM

No excuse for not addressing email concerns or questions and typical behaivour from a comapny that 'already has ones money'. I'm in Socal and cannot believe that if something happens to my little baby that I will have to send it to the East Coast.

You are telling me that I can't send it up to L.A.? You know, AKA the FIlmaking capital of the world?

Boyd Ostroff February 16th, 2004 01:06 PM

I bought a video camera at a certain nameless store in North Jersey, and got a high pressure sell on the Mack warranty, "Hey, these guys are right down the street here... they'll take care of ya". I opted out of it, and so far have not regretted it. I don't know anything about Mack, although I have read mostly good things about them elsewhere on the net, so hopefully they will take care of you. Now it also seems like one should learn a bit about any warranty, who the company is, and where the camera will have to be sent, before buying.

Jarred Land February 17th, 2004 02:22 AM

yeah to be honest I have never heard any bad things about them... although I always questioned it, people seem to have good luck with them.

Marc Young February 17th, 2004 06:12 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by John Hudson:

You are telling me that I can't send it up to L.A.? You know, AKA the FIlmaking capital of the world? -->>>

Duh, I thought NYC was the filmmaking capital of the world, as well as financial capital, and home of the coolest looking chicks.

Anyway, the toll free number for Mack works fine: 1-800-252-MACK. I got a hold of them before 6PM today no problem. With B&H offering these warranties at the lowest price around, there should be no hesitation about getting one. It's worth it just for the free head cleaning. With the crazy DVX100, it also gives you peace of mind.

Jarred Land February 17th, 2004 10:17 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Marc Young :
Duh, I thought NYC was the filmmaking capital of the world, -->>>

not even close.. but it sure is the fly-by-night camera store capital of the world.

Michael Frank February 18th, 2004 07:48 PM

I tried calling them but nobody even answered the phone. I got put to a voicemail and begged them to contact me to let me know what was happening. Still haven't heard from them.

Not a good sign.

John Hudson February 19th, 2004 01:26 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Marc Young :

Duh, I thought NYC was the filmmaking capital of the world, as well as financial capital, and home of the coolest looking chicks. >>>

NYC the filmmaking capital of the world? What? Huh? Who? Ever hear of Hollywood?

Coolest looking chicks? I wish they all could be California Girls.

Jeff Donald February 19th, 2004 02:31 PM

Time to get back on topic guys, thanks.

Michael Frank February 23rd, 2004 01:19 PM

STILL no reply from Mack. I've been calling and emailing and keep getting ignored. Now I'm REALLY pissed off.

Anyone know who I should report these guys to? If Mack are selling warranties which they refuse to acknowledge then this is plain and simple fraud.

John Hudson February 23rd, 2004 01:25 PM

Maybe going to where you bought your camera (warranty through) and address it there.

Aaron Koolen February 23rd, 2004 01:26 PM

Maybe post an email to them with a link to this thread or something, in order to let them know that you're making it known about their poor service.

Aaron