AG-DVC30 various topics - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 11th, 2005, 07:23 PM   #151
Regular Crew

Robert,

Did you upgrade from the GS200 to the DVC30? Or do you know have both cams? I'm thinking about moving from GS400 to DVC30 but I really like the high-res 16:9 on my GS400.
Brian Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:35 AM   #152
New Boot

Wide angle & macro adapter for DVC-30

Is anyone using a non-Panasonic wide angle adapter on their DVC-30? Exactly what model do you use, and how do you mount it? My main gripe with the Panasonic AG-LW4307 43mm 0.7x Wide-Angle Converter Lens is that it has no front filter threads. (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=215130&is=REG)

I tried mounting a "generic" wide-angle converter in the store, using a step-up ring, but the step-up ring wouldn't fit on DVC-30, due to the bayonet mount for the sunshade. What brand of step-up ring is deep enough to reach the 43 mm threads without being blocked by the bayonet mount?

The salesman said the wide angle adapter doubles as a macro adapter. Is anyone using a macro adapter (aka achromatic diopter) on their DVC-30?

I could get along with the Panasonic wide-angle converter, if I could fit a clamp-on sunshade or matte box on it. Is anyone actually using the Panasonic converter with a clamp-on sunshade or matte box?
Douglas Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #153
Regular Crew

raynox hd 6600

I am using a raynox hd 6600 wide angle adaptor on my dvc 30. It is available in 43mm threads to attach directly to the camera without any other adaptation and has 72mm front threads for use with filters if desired.

I have only used this lens minimally so far. I mainly use it when I am shooting skiing and snowboarding videos. This winter I will be using it daily. From what I have shot and from screen grabs I found on the net I am very happy with the performance vs. price for the lens.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #154
New Boot

Thanks Nathan. I haven't seen Raynox lenses in Denmark yet, but at $99 (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=227155) it might be worth "importing" one from B&H. Can you use the full zoom range with the Raynox?
Douglas Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2005, 09:54 PM   #155
New Boot

I did upgrade from the 200. I notice no difference between the resolution in 4:3 or 16:9 on the DVC30, which I can't say for the 200.

I read a post somewhere where someone looked at screen grabs of the DVC30 in 4:3 and 16:9 and there was no noticeable loss in resolution even when blown up 2X it's size.

The difference in optics is incredible!
Robert Loncaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM   #156
Regular Crew

No Interval Recording?

So I might finally suck it up and buy a DVC30 and I noticed that it does not have the interval recording capability that the GL2 has. Is this true? It's not a HUGE deal but I really like doing time lapse videos. Is there any way to get around this or to do it manually (other then simply speeding up hours and hours of tape)? What a bummmer.... Thanks for feedback.
Chris Scharff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #157
Major Player

Problem with focus on DVC30

Hi!

Sometimes my DVC30 has problems to get a proper focus when auto focus is turned on. Sometimes when auto focus is on parts of the image "vibrates" and when i turn auto focus off it looks perfect.

Does any body else have problems with DVC30's auto focus?

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #158
New Boot

I've only had my dvc30 for a short time but I see there is an interval recording - you set it between 0.5-2 seconds. It records for the preset time then pauses. You have to manually start it again.
Gary Baines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:40 AM   #159
Major Player

Every autofocus can have these issues, depending on many things. Most common culprit is low light or contrasty light, but subject mattter can also cause problems.
Old September 15th, 2005, 05:10 AM   #160
Major Player

Thanks for your input Bob, but this happens indoors and/or outdoors when the light conditions are good. I have compared my DVC30 with a DVX100 and the DVX100 had no problems to focus on the same object at the same time and light conditions.

EDIT:
I have also compared my DVC30 with my old DX100 and the DX100 has no problems to focus and no problems with parts of the image that "vibrates" when using auto focus.

/Roger
Old September 15th, 2005, 05:32 AM   #161
Major Player

Well, more info always leads to better answers. Out of curiosity, is the image vibrating or changing focus? Is it an OIS issue?
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #162
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Costa
Well, more info always leads to better answers. Out of curiosity, is the image vibrating or changing focus? Is it an OIS issue?
Parts of the image is vibrating while the rest of the imgage is in focus. No, it is not a OIS issue. It does not make any difference whether the OIS is enabled or not.

Here is a short (1 second, 1368Kb) example. Take a look at the tractor in the middle of the picture. A few second before this i shot with manual focus and when i turned auto focus on the image started to vibrate and did not stop until i enabled manual focus again.

This is not the best example but this what was i found right now:
http://members.chello.se/averdahl/example/dvc30.m2v

/Roger
Old September 16th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #163
New Boot

I was looking at a pinout diagram of the remote port, and it looks like it would be very simple to build a small circuit to trigger the camera at intervals automatically. All you have to do is ground the tip to simulate pushing the record button. That combined with the above mentioned timer would do interval recording.

I know just enough about electronics to be dangerous, so any suggestions are appreciated.
Robert Loncaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:04 AM   #164
New Boot

Well I guess I'm another lucky one then... I just got my DVC30 in yesterday and have the same hot pixel issue. On the LCD screen there is one pixel that is contantly red. It wasn't there when I first started playing with the camera, but after a bit it reared it's ugly head. I too am bummed, but will talk to BH about replacing it. Robert, any problems with your replacement unit? How was the process? Did it take long for them to ship you a new one? Thanks a bunch. Happy shooting.
Richie Ellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM   #165
Regular Crew

CCD or LCD?

Just a question on this. It is possible to have a hot pixel on the actual LCD display as well as the CCD image pickup device.

Do the hot spots show on the EVF as well as the LCD flip out display? If it does than it is the CCD, if it doesn't then the CCD is fine and you just have a hot one on the LCD. Not a reason not to get it fixed, but at least that to me is not as bad as having a hot on the CCD.

My 2 cents!

Jeff
Jeffrey Lovell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant