AG-DVC30 various topics - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #181
Regular Crew

OEM Accessories: XLR Adapter, 9-hour Battery
Mics: AG-MC100G, not the best, but it works and was in a hurry..
Filters: None, yet..
Tapes: Panasonic Master Quality
Lights: None, but on camera light is in my "budget" for next year.
Tripod: Libec Th-950dv
Case: Samsonite Trekker backpack
Misc.: Century 58mm Wideangle and Fisheye lens, Simple Century Hood, Petrol Rainslicker(actually ment to fit a sony pd150/170)

Applications: Events, mostly Freeride MTB and some skiing.
Settings: Haven't tried that many, the "standard" setting seem to work for most of the conditions i shoot in.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM   #182
New Boot

dvc30 infrared question

Hey all. I am considering getting a DVC30 (still a toss up between this and the Sony VX2100). I have the Sony HVL-IRM Infrared Light already. Does anyone know if this will work on the 30 (since the Panasoinc extended light is so much $)? Also, how does anyone like the 30? How's the low light? We shoot horror shorts, so I still may get the Sony, but the Panny's a fair amount cheaper. Thanks for any response.
Justin Scroggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #183
Major Player

I've shot with both and I think the sony is better in low light. I think the video of the 30 looks cooler IMO. I have the 30 but borrow my friends 2100 a bit. There are things I like about both of them. I read somewhere that someone was using the sony light on the 30 with good success.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2005, 03:37 AM   #184
Inner Circle

Pop over to www.cavision.com. I'm sure the Raynox 6600PRO has an outside diameter in the 80 mm range, and Cavision make some good hoods and flags.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #185
Regular Crew

Need some insight on audio...

I have recently ordered two ag-dvc30 cameras and some other misc. gear.(cases, tripod, lightscribe dvd writer, azden 100lt uhf wireless lapel, camera top condenser mic with shockguard) My question is...Is it possible to obtain "good enough" audio with a uhf wireless 100lt by azden and a shotgun condenser mic, neither of which have xlr and go straight to mini. I can't afford to buy the xlr adapters now, but how can I do the best with what I've got, or can get cheap. I am $500 under budget, but plan on purchasing a decent suit(for the weddings), business cards, flyers etc etc. Also, I have heard about mini disc etc. for backup, I found a digital voice recorder by panasonic with usb out, will this do the trick? One other thing, I'm looking for a decent yet relatively inexpensive shoe mounted light, that is dimmable, preferably an LED dimmable, know of any? Anybody know of a tall tripod, tall enough to be at the back of the church and see over the standing people that is in the $200 range..or cheaper would be ok!....Comments, advice, any age old wisdoms all is welcome and comes greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brandon
Brandon T Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #186
Major Player

Please move this thread

Whoa, Brandon! Very few of your questions pertain to the DVC30 camera. I suggest posting this in the Weddings forum. Maybe the moderator can move it.

You're really asking a lot of off-topic questions.

Tall tripod for $200: I recommend the Manfrotto 3021PRO if you can find it. I bought mine from Roberts Camera in Carmel. Matched with a Manfrotto 701RC2 fluid head, it serves my fully loaded DVC80 very well. Because your DVC30 is even lighter, you'll probably have even better results. I bought my whole rig NEW for $239, which is better than any mail-order price at the time.
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #187
Regular Crew

I copied the question and moved it to the weddings forum I believe, I've gotten several replies.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=59122

If you care to join up on the conversation there please do. Also, I responded to your email, in short I can do that for you.

Brandon
Brandon T Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #188
Regular Crew

dvc 30 battery recommendations?

Greetings:

I need to get one or two high capacity batterys for my DVC-30. In doing a search, I noticed that a couple of posters mention a 9 hour hi-capacity battery.

Just wondering. Is there any specific brand that you are satisfied with? (also any that you wouldn't recommend?)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 12:46 PM   #189
Regular Crew

Try this place

I bought an extra generic 2800 mah battery when I got my 30.

http://www.bestbatt.com/

Jeff
Old March 7th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #190
New Boot

Looks at these from dvxuser.com

http://www.dvxuser.com/articles/battery/

I have a generic 2800 mah with my dvc30 to.
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #191
Tourist

DVC30 - Red color in low light

I just got my DVC30 last week. Wow! Picture quality on it looks awesome! The "film-like" setting is sweet as well!

On to my question. When I'm in very low light situations with auto w/b, anything that has light on it is red. I then tried putting the camera in manual w/b, turned on some lights, white balanced on something white, turned the lights off, and everything still looked red. I then even took some shots outside around some street lights at night, and everything around the lights still looked red. Then when I went back inside, all the colors were as they should be. What is going on here?
John Washam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #192
New Boot

Nothing is wrong with the cam. My DVC30 does the same thing. 2 things to check are that you are not blocking the WB sensor ( on the right just infront of the xlr/mic connectors ) and to try and use manual wb. Even in really low light I try and manually adjust the WB. Remember that as light levels drop or lights are dimmed especially incandesant lights they turn colour from yellowing to redish. Also remember that different light sources have different light temp! outdoor street lamps are different to your indoor bulbs so you need to manually adjust WB with every change of lightsources. This is why when you manual wb at a higher light intensity and reduce it it goes red again. Just a trick, in really low light just go manual and choose indoor lighting ( the bulb ), less red and usable last resort if you can't lock manual WB.

The DVC30 isn't the only cam I notice this with either, eg. my DSLRs are just as bad, while a consumer digicam cam auto WB much better, with DSLR's I need to constantly manually adjust WB or shoot raw and fix in post.

Last edited by Brendan Bhagan; March 19th, 2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: addition
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #193
Major Player

You can also try cranking the Chroma level way down. This helps a lot.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #194
Tourist

DVC 30 - AZDEN WMS PRO & RODE Video MIC

Hello,

This is my first thread on this forum and I'm excited to educate myself in the videography biz. My goal is to start a small business on the side with a focus on mainly Weddings and other special events. I just bought a DVC30 (it has the adapter) and I'm going to be using AZDEN for my wireless lavelier & a Rode mic for directional pick up. Please post your opinions on my new purchases. Will this do the trick? I didn't think it was worth it to spend 500 on the senheisser wireless set. The AZDEN has great results for a 160 dollar set up. Your response is appreciated. Thanks!
Brian Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:03 AM   #195
New Boot

Don't worry about the setup, worry more about how you use it, it's the result that matter most in the end so as long as the mics sound good, and your clients are happy thats all that matters. You can always get the senheisser's later to so it's a good start.
Brendan Bhagan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant