DVX Semi-Fisheye Lens project, $100 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 31st, 2004, 12:02 PM   #31
Trustee

I sure like mine on the dvx....I am going to use it for a 30sec spot really soon...gona be fun, put it right up aginst someones face for the wide "effect" gona make the poor actor look like cartoon freak ;)
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:05 PM   #32
Regular Crew

hey obin, i would love to see more clips if you can! how's about a car slowly driving by? thanks!
Jaser Stockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #33
Regular Crew

donate $4, $3, $2, $1 to the FUND

i'll pay for someone to build me one, will pay up front, just too busy ....

HOWEVER, a quick little FUND to a BETA TESTER could be a quick find/answer to this question
1)estimate return s&h fees at $20
2)DVinfo members in this thread/interested parties send $4, 3, 2, or $1 to the BETA TESTER FUND to cover return s&h charges on the equipment
3)BETA TESTER buys from b&h:
lens + step down = $166
4)BETA TESTER
posts pics and clips of the .3x in action for all to judge for themselves if they'd individually like that setup
5)if BETA TESTER personally keeps setup, returns each members FUND donation
6)if BETA TESTER personally is not satisfied/returns/sells setup, keeps each members FUND donation and returns/sells the setup
7)BETA TESTER must not accept over $20 total in donations for this projects....
8)everyone should list just a simple YES or NO if they are willing to contribute UP TO $4, if only 5 people say YES, we've got a solution
9)make sure beta tester can do this timely....

...................................i'd be willing to send $4 to a more reputable member willing to do this as well... if 5 people contribute, should easy

anyone that contributes to the FUND could just post here..to confirm they sent money

this is a community, just offering a solution

this is the joy of credit cards, return policies and a DEMAND for answers to questions

so I am 1, only need 4 more people...........................................................................................
Alturo Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #34
Major Player

Has Anyone Tried The MX-3000PRO

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the MX-3000Pro on the DVX-100(a) using a 72mm-58mm step down ring. Did it work? Is it worth going through the DIY project or just order the MX version of the lens with an adapter?

Thanks,

Matt
Matt Trubac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Here's the thing..

The problem with any smaller diameter lens on the DVX100 is that you've got to get the back end of the lens right next to, and as close as possible to the standard lens to avoid vignetting. If you simply use a standard step down ring-, the back of the wide angle is going to sit up off the normal lens far enough the vignetting will occur to a good extent.

This DIY design prevents that, because the lens sits barely above the standard lens, and so, the camera can make use of the full wideangle, even though its smaller than the 72mm thread on the camera.

PS
In regards to BETA testing-- hey folks-- I already did that! The pictures are on the web site, and people regularly report back that they are very happy with this project.

I don't make any money on this whatsoever- its just a freebee. (though I admit, it gets some people over to my web site.)

I just used the lens on my feature film project which is now out as well, and entered in the Denver International Film Festival. The DVD is already selling well.
See http://www.neilslade.com/Mirror.html

By the way, in regards to the teeny teeny tiny bit of vignetting in two of the corners in the most extreme wide position- if you want to maintain the fisheye effect- just crop this little bit- you won't lose any perceptual resolution, and the wide effect will totally remain.

Note: Other DIY projects on the web site too, as well as this new page
http://www.neilslade.com/widescreen.html which has now been proven totally glitch free, despite all the completley uninformed and wrong advice to the contrary.
Neil Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:47 AM   #36
New Boot

wow, i like that
Old July 28th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #37
Regular Crew

another satisfied customer

This came to me the other day regarding another person who made this lens project. I've heard from many who did it and were very happy with the results...

"hey i've posted 2 video clips using your fisheye online, if you log onto www.kingcoyote.net/videos you will see a dvxfisheye.mov clip and a phil180.mov clip, check those out, you can download them and put them on your website if you'd like. just give me credit! haha. when i put the lens shade on mine i actually had to file out the inner circle of the lens shade so that it would fit over the lens. but things worked out great as you can see. i use fcp and i've actually noticed the widescreen thing before where things just dont look correctly displayed. i dont use vegas since i am on a mac but thats awesome. i completely see what you mean. message board idiots can get a hair up there ass over the most minute things. retards. thanks for the info, i appreciate it.

Michael McQueen

King Coyote Productions

205 Lyndon Street Suite Z

Greensboro, NC 27401
Neil Slade is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant