Cinematic Look - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 29th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #16
Barry Wan Kenobi

But... that's how it's done...

Color timing/grading/etc. is always done at the time of making the answer print, etc.

That's how it's been done for a hundred years. The concept of a high-res digital intermediate was really only first implemented with Star Wars Episode II, or O Brother Where Art Thou...

So, okay, if that's what you want to do, well, I understand I guess... but it's kind of like saying "I won't shoot on anything less than 70mm". Champagne taste on a Budweiser budget. Nobody can afford to do a 90-minute 4k scan, and nobody ever does it. You finish your edit on tape, conform the negative, then do color timing with printer lights...
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #17
Space Hipster

But for a 10 minute short, if you already have the 2K files, it should be pretty cheap to output those straight to film one light...
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #18
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

This is interesting tech talk, but just a reminder of Gabor's original question:
Quote:
I am about to make a purchase for a camera package and still not sure..i just have one question:
With the DVX100 or DVX100A what do you need to able to achive that good nice cinematic look ??? Skills for sure but what else ??
I am planning to shoot documentaries and travel videos where I want my travel videos to have that cinematic look but at those films I will not be able to use proper lightning for example...is it important to use for the look...?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant