century optics at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old April 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

century optics

did anybody have any problem with the century optics wide angle .6x lens ?

Mine got stuck on the camera and would budge .......it is really rediculous ...I love the lens but it is horrible piece of attachment

any body had this problem????

Thanks
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Assuming you ultimately detach this lens, here's a little tip. Graphite is an excellent lubricant. Take a soft lead pencil (ex: a B or 2B pencil) and run it around the threads until you have them well 'marked'. Screw-on the lens lightly to spread the graphite into the threads. Repeat every so often, depending on how often you attach the lens. If you avoid over-tightening the lens this should prevent it from sticking.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks ken I finally was able to do so.....i mean get it off....but now I am scared that next time it might break the camera.....is it a common problem with wide angles ...and yes I use the lens very often.... I am even planning to take it back to vistek and let them have a look at it .....i mean to make sure it is not a defective attachment.....there are no threads on it.....i am sure . But this piece has been a pain for me through the whole film we shot on dvx.....there has to be a solution other than applying graphite as a lubricant....as now I am scared of trying it though....

thanks again ken
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

You must not be attaching it right. It's very simple to attach.

Line up the yellow dots on the top. Then, as you face the camera from the front, turn the larger ring clockwise as far as it will go. Then turn the smaller ring clockwise to tighten it up. That's it, the lens is on.

To remove, you reverse the procedure. Turn the smaller ring counter-clockwise to loosen the friction fit, then rotate the larger ring counter-clockwise until its yellow dot is fully vertical. At that point the lens should just slip off.

It takes about five seconds to attach or detach the lens.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks barry

maybe I am not doing it right ....I will try it when I go home .

thanks again
Old April 28th, 2004, 09:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Harish, i had the same issue with this camera on a shoot a few weeks ago, those attachments where a pain to remove...it did however finaly come off. even after puting it on again the correct way it still was a pain to take off again. one of the guys on the crew was freakin out just seeing me try to take the lens off...thought i was gonna snap the cam in half. i would just not tighten it too hard, just make sure its a tad snug and you should be good.

http://www.rich-lee.com
Rich Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 07:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks you guys,

I tried as barry had suggested......put the two yellow points together and it fits and then you move the rings ......and Rich you are right too ....just have to rotate the big ring a little for a snug fit .....otherwise it is really a pain .....but thanks barry it did work perfect.....I have heard somebody did break the cam trying to take off the lens........

yesterday when I tried .....by puttting the two yellow points together .....it works perfect......again the bigger ring has to be very carefully rotated as and very little for snug fit......

thanks guys you are the best as always

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant