DVC80, DVC30, & CinemaGamma? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #16
Trustee

I should have taken the shots with 4:3 mode to compare the quality between GS100 and DVC30 to be fair but some mean insects are biting me like crazy. I got realy bad swollen legs now (lol).

I hope that GS400 would have control of the DVC30 and 16:9 quality of the GS100.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #17
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : but since it does take 30p, which the resolution is twice as high as interlace -->>>

Is this true? According to Panasonic's DVC30 brochure it offers
Quote:
a 30-fps frame recording function that electronically interpolates interlaced images to create frames with no time difference between fields.*

*The resulting images are not the same as native progressive images recorded with a progressive CCD.
To me this implies that the results would be similar to using a good deinterlacer in post.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:25 AM   #18
Trustee

hmm

I didn't realize that. I guess, I should comepare the quality of the interlace to interpolated AND the DVC30's 30p mode.

Any how, I'm selling my DVC30 to get ready for NV-GS400. DVC30 must be used by people who does not need 16:9 mode.
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #19
Major Player

Kaku, at last someone with Tommy's upgradeitis and direct access to the Japanese market! Please come back with info and framegrabs from the gs400 as soon as you get your hands on it.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #20
Trustee

I'll do my best to keep you posted. Luckily, I'm in the position to give you the latest news (at least for what I'm interested in).

By the way, I did not realize you are from Honolulu, Kim. I used to work at Harry's Music and for Audy Kimura. Howz things in Hawaii?
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:37 PM   #21
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Boyd Ostroff : <<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : but since it does take 30p, which the resolution is twice as high as interlace -->>>

Is this true? According to Panasonic's DVC30 brochure it offersTo me this implies that the results would be similar to using a good deinterlacer in post. -->>>

I have a thought about this now after trying out some things. Since interlaced format is shooting at even interval between fields, if you shoot something going fast, you would have blured image because the interpolated fields images are far apart from each other. "IF" GS100 and DVC30's psuedo-progressive is working so the interval of the fields are closer, then it might have a better sharper image than deinterlacing. I will shoot something with GS100 and DVC30 with both interlace and progressive mode and compare the deinterlaced and progressive images. Do you think it is worth the effort?
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:06 PM   #22
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : I'll do my best to keep you posted. Luckily, I'm in the position to give you the latest news (at least for what I'm interested in).

By the way, I did not realize you are from Honolulu, Kim. I used to work at Harry's Music and for Audy Kimura. Howz things in Hawaii? -->>>

Kaku, Hawaii is Hawaii. We have the usual complaints that go with living in paradise - not enough money to pay for roads, schools, etc. Worries about whether the tourists will come and concern about what tourism is doing to our part of the world. In the end, though, you can't complain about the aloha; I've lived in a lot of places, and nothing beats the genuine aloha spirit. Surprises even me sometimes that it's lasted and what a difference it makes.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:15 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Re: posted the shots...

<<<-- Originally posted by Kaku Ito : I posted the still from NV-GS100 and AG-DVC30 both in movie-like mode (Squeeze Wide).
http://homepage.mac.com/kakuito/iblog/SoMuchInLife/B1199311744/C91299427/E741964745/index.html -->>>
Thanks for the post. Is the DVC30 footage with Cinemagamma on?
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:53 AM   #24
Trustee

Robert,

Yes.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant