DVX100A real cheap at Expandore, any experience? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 4th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #1
New Boot

DVX100A real cheap at Expandore, any experience?

Hi Everyone!

Does anybody have any experience with Expandore in Singapore?

So far I found very positiv comments on it in the net and DV forums, but I can't find it in an official Panasonic website...

How could I find out if it is an authorized Panasonic dealer? I emailed the Asia Panasonic contact, are there any other ways?

If it is not an authorized dealer, what does this imply, mean exactly? They offer a 2 years Mack warranty, and say that I could get the camera repaired at any convenient repair centre close to me (UK). Is that how Mack works?

By the way does anyone know of a cheap start up mic boom?

Many Thanks!

Raoul
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #2
Major Player

I've bought from them and the service was great. Unfortunaltely the board sponsors don't sell the PAL version of the dvx. There's also Winston at BIZ-MAX... www.biz-max.net very good as well.
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:20 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Joe,

thanks for your reply!

What do you mean by 'boards sponsors'?
Expandore sells the DVX PAL.

Sorry I am new to this internet forum thing, and don't know some of the basic things and terms...

Raoul
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #4
Trustee

Raoul, he means that the sponsors of this forum do not sell the PAL DVX100, otherwise it's always a safe bet to buy from them and yo don't have to ask if they are dodgy or legit.

Aaron
Old July 31st, 2004, 05:45 AM   #5
New Boot

I bought from them too. Excellent service. Nice price if you live in the Eurozone.
Old August 1st, 2004, 12:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

They are reputable and provides great service.

but if you are looking for Panny's authorised dealers, check out

www.sensys.com.sg
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:34 AM   #7
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Joe Lloyd :. Unfortunaltely the board sponsors don't sell the PAL version of the dvx. -->>>

Actually our sponsor B&H Photo does sell the PAL version: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=312108&is=REG, however it is currently listed as out of stock...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I live in London too. Done a LOAD of research - USA, HK, Singapore, UK - and just bought my DVX100ae. In the end the Expandore or B and H guarantee would not be worlwide. Taking them into UK they would become a grey import. You would have to take them back to country of origin to get fixed. B and H do offer the Mack guarantee but I have heard bad things about this and for the hassle it would be it is worth paying a bit more and getting from UK. Remember of course that you have to either get the camera in states yourself and smuggle through customs OR either bringing it though in person, or having it shipped have to pay over 20% tax (17.5 VAT plus import duty) therefore it really isn't worth it. Cheapest in UK I found have an excellent service and are called Visula Impact (based in Teddington). I bought from Robert there in Sales and got the DVX100AE for £2400 plus VAT (but putting through a friend's company I didn't have to pay the VAT). So...there you go!

Jeremy
Jeremy Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #9
New Boot

First off, I'm only a customer of expandore, not an agent of theirs.

As regards price, I live in the Eurozone, and the Euro is very strong against the Dollar. Sterling and Dollar people! Go with the locals! If you're happy to take a grey, and you get paid in Euro, then this may be an option for you.

I'n VAT registered so that does not apply to me.

The board sponsors B&H etc are great.
Expandore are great.

Most of you guys are American and need ntsc. I use pal+ singapore is pal + positive exchange rate = me a happy man.

But a DVX newbie question, if I might. I switched from interlaced to Prog and back again. And interlaced...I couldn't figure it out...what's that doing there...what a useless bloody function :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant