Best on camera light for a wedding? (or other dark events where power isn't available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM   #1
New Boot

Best on camera light for a wedding? (or other dark events where power isn't available

Hello - I'm just wondering what the best light will be for a reception - I won't have too much control over the lighting so I wanted a light to be attached to the camera to walk around with - anyone have any suggestions? will I need a battery pack for it or can it be powered by the camera battery?

I have the DVX100a - thx for any help>!
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I have a Bescor twin light but it didn't come with a diffusion screen. I improvised and made one myself. Go to the store you purchased your camera from and check around. But by all means get one with a diffusion screen. The last thing people want is a bright light in their face, especially at a wedding. If you have the cash, check out the new white/soft LED lights.
P.O. Box 42
Times Square Station
New York, NY 10108
Ernest Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:38 AM   #3
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Ernest Acosta : I have a Bescor twin light but it didn't come with a diffusion screen. I improvised and made one myself. Go to the store you purchased your camera from and check around. But by all means get one with a diffusion screen. The last thing people want is a bright light in their face, especially at a wedding. If you have the cash, check out the new white/soft LED lights. -->>>

back to BH Photo in NYC heh it's not hard to get me to go there!!
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have a Frezzi micro fill myself, but the batteries you have to wear for these is a ton of weight to lug around. My advice is to seriously look into this:

http://www.litepanels.com/main.html

Ted

PS- It will definitely be my next light.
Ted Banucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM   #5
Regular Crew

prices... *faint*
Old July 23rd, 2004, 11:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I bought a bescor 645 at adorama- comes with battery, dimmable 50W light, barn doors. Best value kit out there.
However if I had my money back I would seriously look at the cool lux sl3000 broad light. It has an amazing design where the broad light has a reflector hood. The broad design means you get more spread and less fall off of light. With my light I have to zoom in 50% to elimate the appearance of the light fall off. Evsonline has them on sale.
Tung Bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Bescor VS-100 100w 12V Battery Operated Video Light with Cigarette Socket Connection.
Publisher: Bescor
Product Type: Electronics

Compact precision molded light

Twin vertical barn doors

Soft Diffuser

Universal shoe mount

Surface mounted on/off switch

----------------

Got mine in a no name brand box as "luxmen universal video light" for @250 AU...

I refuse to pay 500 bux for a cam light, unless its for a a studio rig... (which I already have)

I fond this light is BRILLIANT with a dichronic filter.. nice cool colours which dont confuse teh cam, so skin tone is as raw as it is in daylight.
U have to have at least a 50w though.. i also use a Vitan lil light runngi a 20w globe.. no filter, but it does the job
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #8
Inner Circle

forgot to mention, the ligths themselves arent that expenisve.. its the damn batteries that kill ya.. .
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:41 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Just tried my brand new microfill on my DVX at a presidential event. Wow. I like it. The press people were eyeballing me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant