DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Dvx-100a Updated Soon? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/30088-dvx-100a-updated-soon.html)

Mason Cooley August 4th, 2004 04:00 PM

Dvx-100a Updated Soon?

I've read some speculation on this topic but is there anything new in regards to the DVX-100A being updated anytime soon?

Thanks

Michael Struthers August 4th, 2004 05:13 PM

Nothing that panny could do but put native 16x9 (or resampled, whichever you prefer) chips in there, and that's quite an upgrade. Don't look for it anytime soon. I'm sure they like making a few hundred bucks on the anamorphic adapter, and they know lots of people like the panny form factor over the new big bloated canon.

And now they have Barry's anamorphic guide to help them sell a few more...I hope Jan puts Barry on the payroll ;-)

Tommy Haupfear August 4th, 2004 05:47 PM

I hope not! I just ordered my DVX100A yesterday!

:)

Imran Zaidi August 5th, 2004 07:30 AM

The key word is 'speculation.' There's just no way that anybody other than Panny staff are going to know when the next big news will come from them. And they sure as heck won't be saying anything until Panny is ready to release the info and the update.

Tommy Haupfear August 5th, 2004 07:39 AM

Has a cam ever received two updates?

Michael Summers August 5th, 2004 10:12 AM

vx1000-vx2000-vx2100

xl1-xl1s-xl2

Jean-Philippe Archibald August 5th, 2004 10:42 AM

These cams are all completly redisigned cameras. not updates.

Nick Kerpchar August 5th, 2004 02:17 PM

Tommy,
Congrads on the jump to a DX100A. I suspect that you are grinning from ear-to-ear.

Nick

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 5th, 2004 03:39 PM

I have just today heard from a local rental house that a native 16/9 version will be available in september... although I assume it will probably be a different model and not an update to the existing one, meaning different (higher) pricing (speculation here !)

Which hasn't held me back from buying a DVX100AE here and now... :-)

I will post if I can get further info regarding this new model. If it isn't just a rumor, it will probably be shown at IBC.

Imran Zaidi August 5th, 2004 04:05 PM

Rumors and speculation! Beware of wish-lists posing as 'news'.

As has been mentioned around here fairly often, if you claim you know what's next from a manufacturer and are divulging it publicly, then you don't really know. If you do actually know for a fact, then you are not allowed to say because you will have signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Steven-Marc Couchouron August 6th, 2004 02:05 AM

Of course, but this info was offered to me because I am starting a shoot at the end of the month and was considering all the options available.

But thinking this a bit further, I think the person was probably referring to the DVC60, which is due in september and has enhanced 16/9.

Tommy Haupfear August 6th, 2004 04:04 AM

Quote:

But thinking this a bit further, I think the person was probably referring to the DVC60, which is due in september and has enhanced 16/9.
The DVC60 is supposed to mirror the DVC30 internally which will yield some very low resolution 16:9. This is due to its low pixel count and the lack of progressive scan.

Tommy Haupfear August 6th, 2004 05:29 AM

Quote:

Congrads on the jump to a DX100A. I suspect that you are grinning from ear-to-ear.
Yep, I even called the delivery guy and told them to hold the package for local pickup. Nothing worse than missing a Friday delivery and spending all weekend without a new toy! :)

Michael Struthers August 19th, 2004 11:09 AM

Steven-Marc

What local rental house did you hear say they will be getting a "native" 16x9 version?