DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   AG-DVX100 vs. AG-DVX100A (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/33586-ag-dvx100-vs-ag-dvx100a.html)

David Chao October 17th, 2004 02:02 PM

AG-DVX100 vs. AG-DVX100A

So is the packaging different on these two models? I'm looking around the internet for the AG-DVX100A and have seen some really low prices... like less than $3000, for example. Besides making a phone call to find out, how do I know for sure that they're not just using the "A" for advertising and will send me the AG-DVX100 instead? Is there a specific feature RIGHT ON the camera that I can look for in pictures?

Imran Zaidi October 17th, 2004 02:31 PM

First off, if you're finding a dvx100a for less than $3000 somewhere, it's not going to be from a licensed dealer or even a reputable shop. Check with the sponsors in the link on my signature below - they're the reliable ones, licensed, and won't call you trying to sell you accessories after you make the purchase and then mysteriously telling you that it's out of stock if you choose not to purchase any accessories at inflated prices.

Second, the DVX100 has a light silver and black body. The DVX100A has a darker sliver/gray and black body. In addition it says DVX100A right on the body.

Barry Green October 17th, 2004 04:49 PM

To add to what Imran said...

You don't need to worry about whether they'll send you the 100A or not... if you're ordering one of those $1969 cameras, they won't send you ANY camera!

The DVX100 has been discontinued for 10 months now. I doubt anyone has any new stock anywhere.

Order from an authorized dealer, such as this forum's sponsors (EVSonline.com and BHPhoto.com) and you won't have to worry about anything, you'll get a brand-new sealed DVX100A with a factory warranty and a free copy of Magic Bullet for Editors.

Try to order from a gray-market dealer or scam shop, and there's no way to tell what you may get (other than ripped off).

David Chao October 17th, 2004 05:24 PM

Thanks Barry and Imran!

It looks like EVSonline is where I'm going to be buying my 100A. It's a little more money than I want to pay but at least I can make the purchase with a sound mind.

Barry Green October 17th, 2004 07:01 PM

EVS is an excellent seller. Be sure to ask for Rush as your salesperson, and ask about a DVInfo.net discount (I'm not sure they have one, but hey, can't hurt to ask, right?)

Chris Hurd October 17th, 2004 08:08 PM

Yes there is a DV Info Net discount -- EVS is one of our sponsors (thanks Barry).

David Chao October 18th, 2004 12:00 AM

ooh! I'm definitely going to buy regardless of the discount but... out of curiosity, how much of a discount do we get as a DV Info member?

John Garcia October 29th, 2004 11:24 AM

^ that's what id like to know. :)

Barry Green October 29th, 2004 10:58 PM

I don't believe there's any set percentage off, you just call Rush and ask for the DVInfo.net price and he'll do the best he can for you.