oranges and reds at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old October 31st, 2004, 10:32 PM   #1
Tourist

oranges and reds

The reds and oranges in my footage looks fine on the monitor but when I capture it (or even when just viewing them in the capture viewer screen) on FCP on mac, or Imovie, the reds and oranges have halos around and jagged stairstepping look.
Everything look fine on the camera viewer and playing the footage on TV, but when it comes to viewing on computer it gets massy.
Here are two examples as what it looks like:
http://home.comcast.net/~toddgunnerson/vidhelp/shirt.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~toddgunnerson/vidhelp/lamp.jpg

I am shooting in Advanced 24P and capturing in 24p advanced pull down. Is this something related to compression?
I would appreciate your help
thanks for reading.
matt
Menguc Tanriseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Man it's amazing how much this question has come up in the last few weeks. Go to the bottom of the linked page, it will explain the problem and how to fix it.

http://www.dvxuser.com/cgi-bin/DVX2/YaBB.pl?board=Vegas;action=display;num=1097798281
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:48 AM   #3
Tourist

Thanks for your reply.
How come I do not see this artifact in viewer window, and also not on TV monitor, but only when I try to capture it?
thanks
Menguc Tanriseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 02:32 AM   #4
Major Player

It tends to only appear on hi resolution Progressive scan monitors, however, i have seen some really severely bad footage that this also was visible on a TV. IT has to do with the DV compression, and I would not reccomend desaturating footage just to get rid of it, it will just end up desaturating the rest of your footage, and you will still have some fringing. The Vegas tool works great and I see no visible side effects, except for a slightly longer render time.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant