Can't get sound through my earphones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 15th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Can't get sound through my earphones

In the mist of shooting my feature I have discovered that I can not hear my sound through the headphone jack. While I do hear the hiss from amp, I can not hear the actual sound that I am recording. The levels read out on my sound, and the sound is there when I capture the footage to my NLE, but no matter what, I can not hear the sound through the headphone jack (even tried different headphones.) Is this problem common with the DVX100A? Or is there something that I am doing wrong? Thanks.
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Make sure your monitor levels (buttons on top of you camera) are set where you can hear. If you cannot hear through your DVX speaker during playback, you'll not be able to hear through headphones while recording. I freaked out over this once myself!
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Doh! That's exactly what the problem was. Thanks!
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I just had that problem last week. After checking and rechecking to see that everything was plugged in, I finally got around to the monitor level. It's kinda scary.

"I like Mankato just a little bit better than any other town in the world." -Sinclair Lewis
Ryan Gohlinghorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #5
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ryan Gohlinghorst : It's kinda scary. -->>>

It's terrifiying. I thought I had fried something, but when I noticed that setting everything back to defaults fixed the problem, i made the connection. I too had tried another set of phones!
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant