Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #181
New Boot

Panasonic DVX100B built-in mic sound problem

Hi there

I recently purchased a DVX100B and am having a sound issue using the built-in mics.
I first noticed the sound level on VCR playback was quite low, so I set the input controls to their highest level (which already tells me there is a problem, as the manual says setting the dials at the half-way point should be fine.)
They are ok now, but still not very loud.
I then checked to see how the input levels would be on FCP and even with the highest setting on my camera, they are FAR below the 0 decibel line on the audio playback screen on FCP.
I am shooting only about 3 feet from my subject, and compared the audio levels to similar footage I took with my old Sony DCR-TRV10 and the Sony levels seem perfectly normal, dipping above and below the 0 decibel line.

Any help you can offer is greatly apprectiated! As you can probably tell from my pseudo-technical language, I am a real novice.
Patricia Yurkinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #182
New Boot

Can I edit 24P, 30P, and 60i footage in same FCP project?

I am just learning how to use my DVX100B.

While I want to shoot in 24P, it seems there are times when switching to 30P and 60i (for slow motion and ONE SHOT, repectively) is necessary.

If I shoot in different fps, how is importing these segments to FCP affected? Do I need to do anything different in Log and Capture for the different segments?

Also, what about the timeline? I have read about "progressive-scan timelines" and have no idea how to tell the program what I want to use. Do I want to use a 24fps timeline, and if so, how do I tell the computer that?

Finally, why would I want to use 24P versus 24P Advanced?

Thanks!
Patricia Yurkinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:57 PM   #183
Tourist

DVX100a lcd image shake

I plan on having an authorized repair shop take a look at it, but I thought I would see if the community had any words of advice. On Thursday, my dvx100a worked beautifully no problems. Today, Sunday, 3 days later I go to set up my dvx100a and the lcd's image is shaking like crazy. The image in the VF is just fine no problems. But the lcd's image is crazy sometimes you can see the image and it just jogs all over the place other times the image is just black with a few lines of color thru the lcd. Is there anything that could cause this to happen??

The camera just sat in its bag at a normal tempature, why would one day it work perfectly, the next it the lcd is shot? I don't know, has anyone else experienced something like this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Drew Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #184
Major Player

16:9 or 4:3? 30P or 60i?

I'll be shooting an educational children's video, destination DVD distribution, and am trying to weigh 30P vs. 60i. Most of the good children's stuff I've seen (Sesame Street, Blue's Clues, etc) looks like 60i. But I am interested in the higher resolution of 30P- does anyone have an opinion on one versus the other?

Also, I have read that you should "future-proof" by shooting 16:9; but I can't recall seeing any children's videos in letterboxed format, and am concerned about giving up the pixels in the already-small DV format.

My inclination therefore is to do 4:3, 30P, to fill up the TV screen with a nice image. I'd appreciate any feedback or advice from people who have used the DVX for professional work.
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #185
Trustee

3:2 order for 24p?

I am working on some software to handle 24p and I need to know what order the 3:2 pulldown is per shot.

1. Is the 3:2 pulldown anyways running and whenever you hit record that is how it gets put down for each shot?

2. Each shot starts off with the same pulldown order?

3. The tape retains the same 3:2 pattern throughout the whole tape so when the tape is played back the pattern will stay the same?

Thanks for any input
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #186
Tourist

fade function and superimposing time and date

trying to decide between xl2 and dvx 100b; leaning towards dvx (get a rebate etc); but in addition to the creative cine look abilities of the cameras; i also need time and date burned onto video and a fade function (for legal depositions).........can either or both do these things
thanks a lot
michael
Michael Crabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:05 AM   #187
New Boot

DVX short-CLIMACTIC

Hey guys and girls...just wanted to share this little 5 minute short I did in my house to test out the DVX. It was completed in a day, except for the music of course. It was screened at the DCIFF in March. Lemme know what you think... Climactic

http://www.cladiyaentertainment.com/...climacticM.wmv

Sorry, this is a really compressed version.

Also have another short in post right now, that was shot on a DVX.........

http://www.cladiyaentertainment.com/media/thorazine.wmv
Kenny Emeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #188
Regular Crew

Field lines out of synch?

Greetings:

I have an occasional problem with my field order lines being out of synch. It doesn't happen when there is little or no action. For example, I was shooting small branches. All was fine until the wind came up and got the leaves and branches to flutter rapidly...at which point the field order lines went out of synch.

Anyone have a solution? Do I simply need to increase the shutter speed..or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Jon
Jonathan Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:52 AM   #189
Inner Circle

Just so you know...

the DVX100 can "unofficially" playback DVCam tapes.. btu dont FFWd, else youll get dropouts and loss of sync

when playing, hit play, and it will take about 3 to 5 seconds for the deck to respond (as opposed to instantaneous response)

but it IS possible... which is lucky for me...

thought id share the findings..

by the way, technically, the DVX shoudlnt be able to do this.. but it does.. so im not complaining.. lol
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #190
Major Player

will this work..

I have a new dvx100b and am getting a matte box for it. A lot of those out there are 16:9 format which I won't be shooting in all the time. Will those still work and not be in the way if I'm shooting 4:3 ? I am specifically looking at this one. Any problems with this matte box on the dvx in 4:3 mode??
Also, does it sit on the rods and screw into the lens..how is it secured?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

thanks!!
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #191
Regular Crew

DVC30-Firestore FS100 and Timelapse

Recently I bought a Firestore FS100 for my HVX-200. Then I knew this external disc supports my DVC30 too.

So, the question I have is if I can get real progressive frames using DVC30 and firestore for timelapse, or just I will get electronically interpolates interlaced images like the camera does?

Is there any other advantage or comments for the DVC30 with the Firestore (diferent than long time recording)?

Thanks

FP
Federico Prieto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant