Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #106
New Boot

n/a
Dushan Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #107
New Boot

Hmm..no answers, so took it down now..
Dushan Horvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #108
Tourist

dvc80 and avid...is there better than generic?

using avid 3.5 and avid sets to generic but would one of the panny settings work better with the dvc80?
Fred Buzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #109
Tourist

question about k-tek k-ssm shockmount

Hello,

I am in the middle of buying a DVX-100A, Sanken CS-1 short shotgun and the recommended K-tek k-ssm shockmount. I am going to be using this on-camera for the most part and would like to mount the shockmount in the mic mount to keep the other (hotshoe-type) mount free for possible on-camera lights.

At B & H (where I'm getting the camera from) you can get the item... "K-BWC a 3/8" Threaded Camera Microphone Ring Adapter for Canon and Sony Cameras".

Is this what I would need to achieve the aforementioned setup? Is anyone using these parts together with the DVX?

Thanks,
Charles Smith
Charles Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #110
New Boot

dvx-100 on camera light

can anyone recommend a high quality on camera light. nothing too fancy or big and a dimmer would be nice. I'm filming street performers at night.
Chris Goodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:13 AM   #111
Contributor

12-14 Power converter needed?

Hello guys,
We received a few calls from the DVX100 users looking for a 12V DC adapter. We currently make one that was designed to be used with the XL1/GL1 camera, but it can be configured to be used to power the DVX100/DVC80 cams. http://dolgin.net/DCConverter.htm
Is it something that can be usefull to have for the long shoots, when plenty of reserve power is needed?
TIA
http://www.dolgin.net
Alex Dolgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #112
New Boot

try to record and it says "EXTERNAL DV DISCONNECT"

i just got my dvx100 today, and when i go to record all i see is a flashing text saying " EXTERNAL DV DISCONNECT" , anyone ever had this problem, or know why it wont record? please help me out ASAP. thanks
Erik Auli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #113
Tourist

Dvc-30 & Dvc-32

DVC-30 for europe set & US (NTSC)

DVC-32 for (Asia pal system)

hope this will help

Thank
Victor Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #114
Regular Crew

century optics .7x converter

I've read in recent posts that the century .6x converter has a problem with vignetting when using a matte box. I was just wondering if the .7x converter has the same problem.
Deniz Turkmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #115
Major Player

Which Four Filters

You've spent all your money on a new camera and some other gear and then you realize that you forgot to budget for filter$. You figure that you can afford to buy one new filter per month for four months. After that, your wife is very likely to dump you.

Your work is 1/3 exteriors and 2/3 fairly well lit interiors. Which four filters do you buy, and in what order of priority?

(The above scenario is entirely fictitious and does not refer to any person, living or dead, especially not me.)
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #116
Regular Crew

as long a lens ??

I try to do my wide shots on as long a lens as the location will allow

what does "as long a lens " mean>
Kent Dammand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:04 PM   #117

advice on first music video - DVX settings?

Feel free to move this if it's not appropriate here. I'm a newbie with a DVX-100a and have been doing some paid video work since I got the cam.

I'm now about to shoot a hip-hop video in a nightclub, and am looking for tips before I begin, so I dont shoot myself in the foot.

Specifically would love any advice on lighting (right now don't have a light kit - is there a cheap one, or preferably can the DVX cope just with nightclub lighting so I don't have to buy one?)

Secondly, what settings would be good on the DVX for this kind of gig? I've become quite comfy with 24p (realize you can't do fast motion with it), and the Cinegamma settings, but I'd love any advice from anyone who has done this, or even if you haven't just on general shooting tips. 30p? Looking for a film look, and plan to edit in AE and FCP afterwards.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:15 AM   #118
New Boot

panasonic ag dvx 100a lux rating/timecodes

seeking reliable information regarding the lux rating of the ag dvx100a at 0db gain. Anyone have reliable specs/experience?

Also, will the ag dvx100a slave timecode to a "b" camera from the "a" camera or from a smart slate? I don't see any tc in or out ports, and there are not any references in the dvx100 operators manual. Is there possibly a firewire import proceedure?

Thanks.

S.
Stephen Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:45 AM   #119
Regular Crew

Windjammer for DVX100 built-in mic

Which Rycote MiniWindjammer fits the DVX100 built-in stereo microphone??
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #120
Tourist

Close Ups with DVX 100a

I want to learn more about the DVX 100a's close up range and performance. I do insect videos, and I like to get as close as possible at wide angle.

Can someone tell me the smallest object with which I can fill a 4:3 frame at the widest angle without an adapter? I'd also like to know the size of an object that would fill a frame at full 10X from 20" away.

Any discussion of close ups in the field would be great.
Michael Battey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant