Panasonic DVX / DVC Battery topics - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM   #136
Trustee

The math is ok, just the numbers were off in that brochure, or they weren't relating to the real world consumption.

I did some more searching and found several sites reporting these values..

Power Comsumption: 6.8 W (when viewfinder is used), 7.8 W (when LCD monitor is used), 9.2 W (max.)

So that would give you (With viewfinder) about 6.3 hours which would make my math correct and in line with what you have experienced.

Aaron
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:26 PM   #137
Tourist

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies.
Tony Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2004, 02:59 AM   #138
Regular Crew

Little switch on bottom of battery?

There's a little slide switch on the bottom of my DVC80 battery (CDG 16?)

One position shows black plastic. Other position shows red dot.

Anyone know what the switch does? I can't find it in manual, on battery, on web, panasonic site...

I left it in the red dot position, 'cause that's how it came from factory.

thanks in advance,
tony
Old February 7th, 2004, 03:01 AM   #139
Warden

It does nothing, it is meant to serve as a visual indication if it is in a state of charge or discharge. Set it either way, but be consistent in the use of the button or it will only serve to confuse you.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2004, 03:19 AM   #140
Regular Crew

Thanks.

I've got two more batteries coming in the mail, with three batteries to keep track of switch might be useful.
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #141
Major Player

Plan ahead! Panasonic CGP-D28 battery is CHEAP at B&H

I'm the kind of guy who likes to have TOO MUCH battery on tap if at all possible. So far I've not needed to get into the Anton Bauer type of rig, but if I get further into on-cam lighting I may take that next step.

For the past year however I've been really happy with Panasonic's 2800mAh battery; the CGP-D28. If I'm conservative with the LCD then I can get a FULL day of shooting out of 2 of these babies with plenty to spare. This is with a DVX by the way.

Well over the past few months I've been running more and more sound from my cam and I often find myself with 2 mics on 2 channels running phantom. When that's the case I notice a faster burn to the cells I've been relying on.

Well, still not needing a seperate mount I decided to get a spare for an important shoot I have this weekend. (Even though I PROBABLY won't need it... Murphy's a sum-bitch when it counts.)

Bottom line: CGP-D28 from B&H costs $79.95 plus $4.50 shipping. CGP-D28 from almost anywhere else costs $109.95 plus $7.50 tax.

Just a thought for those of you who want a spare to your spare before you absolutely need it. B&H is effectively putting $33 in your pocket for every one of these batteries you buy... well, by MY math anyway.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #142
Barry Wan Kenobi

Ebay seller shimwass occasionally sells brand new CGR-D54's for around $90. That's the longest-capacity battery you can get for this camera, at a killer price. I use mine daily, it delivers about six hours of running time.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #143
Major Player

Thanks Barry... I tried that shimwass guy last year and he was out, but I'll check in with him again.

Anton Bauer is German for "bend over"... just kidding. AB stuff is good, but I don't think you can even get one of their T-shirts for $90.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #144
Regular Crew

VW-VBD55???

what is VW-VBD55 battery? is it same as CGR-D54?
and one more question, how CGR-D54 is different from CGA-D54?
Thanks!
Alexey Ravichev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:53 PM   #145
Barry Wan Kenobi

The VW-VBD55 is the Japanese part number for the same product that is sold in America as the CGR-D54. I don't know of any difference between CGR and CGA, hopefully someone who does know will write in.

I have a VW-VBD55 which I use daily on my American NTSC DVX100 and it works perfectly.
Old April 29th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #146
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Thanks Barry, I'll probably get a couple of those.
Old April 29th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #147
Regular Crew

how long to charge?

BTW, how long does it take to charge with the charger that comes with dvx100a?
Old April 29th, 2004, 10:28 PM   #148
Barry Wan Kenobi

I don't know... takes a while, that's for sure, maybe three hours or so. I use the Mach 1 Speed Charger, seems to finish in a couple of hours. Never timed it though.
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #149
Regular Crew

hmm... that's something to think about. But is it ok for the battery to charge it on a speed charger? It probably is, but just curious if there are any side effects (like shorter life or other) of that.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 02:43 PM   #150
Major Player

The D28's aren't bad. But I bought two D54's a few weeks back and have been blown away by their stamina. The Panasonic D54's are definitely the way to go. I have been getting a full 10 hour day on a single D54 with my 100A. Haven't even needed to break out the second D54 yet. Though it should be noted that I DO NOT run phantom power for audio off the camera.

I'm quite pleased to finally be back in a comfortable battery position. After getting use to Sony's Li-ions I was repeatedly dissappointed with Panasonic's battery performance. But with the D54's, I feel like I have the comfort of plenty of power back.
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant